Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you have to stay out of any sun on doxy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you have to stay out of any sun on doxy?

do you have to avoid the sun, or can you wear a high factor sun screen when your on doxy 100mg?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

http://www.drugs.com/doxycycline.html

Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or artificial UV light (e.g., tanning beds). Doxycycline may increase the sensitivity of the skin to sunlight, and severe burning may result. Wear protective clothing and sunscreen if exposure to the sun is unavoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by neil0502

There are a lot of may's in that... Anyone know any more specific info??

Comment

Why would you need more specific info.

I'm on Doxycycline. I like to run, to hike, and to ride my bicycle.

When I go outside, I wear sunscreen (usually SPF 30) ... and I don't get sunburned.

Fairly bulletproof plan, no?

EDIT: as I read that, it sounds fairly sarcastic. Please believe that I didn't have sarcasm in my soul when I wrote it. I just mean that--if a drug has sun sensitivity as a known side effect--I'd err to the side of caution, using sunblock when going outdoors, and NOT overdoing it until I knew how MY particular body would react to sun exposure.

Comment

Then, there is me. I was taking doxy (for the second or third time) and decided I wanted to go to the tanner. Well, did I take the risk of continuing the doxy and going to the tanner. No, not yet. I just quit the doxy and kept going to the tanner.

Maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and start the doxy again and keep doing my fake bake.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Sun and Doxy

Just wanted to let you all know that when I was on 100mgs of doxy last year I was a dumb and went to the lake and tanned for 6 hours!! I thought since I am Latin and I am already tan it wouldn't do anything lol. By the time my friend and I got into the car to leave, she said, "you don't look to good?" I looked in the mirror and I was burnt like a potatoe!! By the end of the night I was swollen and red every where, so it is best to use tons of sun screen and not be a dumby like me but I learned my lesson, next time Im on doxy Im staying indoors My face looked like a huge swollen red tomatoe and it was the worst burn I'd ever had. Just thought I'd share my sun and doxy story lol. God Bless you all. D

Comment

I'm still OFF the doxy, and occasionally doing the tanner. We finally have some sun here in Michigan and I like to get out all I can. It can go 6 months here without the sun coming out.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

That's just in case anybody wondered why I left Michigan in 1984

Comment

Neil knows this is gospel and I'm telling the truth!

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                  X