Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does This Mean that the Doxy is Working?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Mean that the Doxy is Working?

All,

I posed this question for our oracle, Rebecca, in an email, but I figured I would pose it to the forum as well.

I've been on doxy 100 mg 2x a day for almost a month. Just last week and this week I have noticed MG glands opening along my upper eyelids after my massaging/pinching routine.

Has anyone had this type of reaction where they can VISUALIZE the doxy "working"?

I presume this is all good news, but I am just curious if anyone has had a similar reaction.

I've also had two IPL treatments but the doctor only expressed my lower glands afterwards. I'm beginning to think my uppers need the most help now!

Thanks for any feedback you might have,
    Rose
    Last edited by Sammy B.; 14-Mar-2011, 09:31. Reason: typo

when the doc increased my doxy from 100 to 200, I had a simillar exp. after the warm comp, I saw these white thing on the corner of my eyes. they were coming out of my glands but after I went down to 100 doxy, they stopped too. Is it possible to be on 200 doxy for long time? I am on 100 doxy and my glans are clogged. do not know what to do!

Comment

BP,

Not sure how long one can be on doxy at 200 mgs a day. I guess if your gut tolerates it you should be alright for a bit.

If I were you, I'd find a doc who knows how to do expressions and just have it done. Yes it's painful and uncomfortable, but without having those glands unblocked, you'll probably continue to suffer.

Rose

Comment

hi rose, I tried it only on the bottom of one eyelid, it was so painful, i had to stop him. my eyelid swelled up I was in so much pain for long time and i became more dry. does that make any sence? I think I got more inflammation and more dryness. I think every one is different. how was ur exp? did Ipl helped u?

Comment

Hey BP,

After my first IPL I thought I was pretty well cured. The doc said my secretions were like toothpaste. Then I had another IPL and the results after that weren't so good. Nothing hideous happened, there was just no real bump in the comfort department. I may go back for a third.

I think I need to get my uppers expressed though so I might ask my local eye doc if he knows of anyone who does this.

I guess, for me, I am willing to sacrifice some moments of pain in the name of unclogged glands! Everyone is different though and if you cannot tolerate the expression, then you can't and that's OK too. I just think it helps to get things moving.

Rose

Comment

Is dr toyos doing the IPL? I hope u get result with the IPL.

Comment

Yes, I was visiting Toyos when he was training in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

I really like Dr. Toyos. He is extremely nice and funny. Has a great bedside manner. I would recommend anyone who has MGD problems to go and get his opinion.

Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy B. View Post
                All,

I posed this question for our oracle, Rebecca, in an email, but I figured I would pose it to the forum as well.

I've been on doxy 100 mg 2x a day for almost a month. Just last week and this week I have noticed MG glands opening along my upper eyelids after my massaging/pinching routine.

Has anyone had this type of reaction where they can VISUALIZE the doxy "working"?

I presume this is all good news, but I am just curious if anyone has had a similar reaction.

I've also had two IPL treatments but the doctor only expressed my lower glands afterwards. I'm beginning to think my uppers need the most help now!

Thanks for any feedback you might have,
                Rose
                Hello Rose, can you tell me what kind of doxycycline are you using for opening MG glands please?!If possible give a link or something I would apreciate it !

Kind Regards,
                Luís

Comment

Working...
                X