doxy + light sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doxy + light sensitivity

Hi i noticed while on doxy that when i glanced at bright light or the sun, my sinus pain felt bad, like a sharper pain in my sinuses. Has anyone experianced light sesitivity on doxy? i am never normally light sensitive. What do you normally experiance when u are light sensitive? ive been to portugual where the sun was stronger, but it did seem worse whilist on the doxy. When my doctor perscribed doxy he said that there is a side effect 'light sensitivity' but he had never seen it.well theres always a first with me! Any ideas? is this a tempoary thing it doesnt seem as bad since ive been of it? that does suck i dont want to use doxy if i have this side effect, but it was one of my things on the list to try for the dry eyes!
    Last edited by sazy123; 12-May-2006, 11:34.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Hello Sazy,

by the way it's Portugal... but yes sunburn is a common side effect of doxy, I've noticed that light sensitivity on my skin as well (at one point i had a huge red spot on my neck... and my face was red...because i spend one day outside) but how that fits with you sinus pain i don't know...
    When you glance at a bright you may expect some pain on the optical nerve but not really on the trigeminal - facial nerve...

But then again we're all different!

Anyway do protect yourself from sunburn while under doxy...
    take care,
    Kakinda

Comment

It happened to me

My wife and I have been 'enduring' the European rain for weeks now. While it's good for my DES, it's bad for everything else. So ... we found an =incredibly= cheap price on the internet for four days and nights in the Greek Isles.

So we went.

Well aware that I am, again, on Doxy, I slathered on the 35 SPF several times a day and tried to stay away from the sun as much as possible.

Nonetheless, after the -first- day of riding the little rental motorcycle around the island (swim goggles. Risk of corneal hyperemia/hypoxia, but .... whatever ), I had second degree burns on the backs of my hands and pretty severe redness on my nose.

Again, I applied and re-applied strong sunblock several times a day.

Be careful with the Doxy and the sun......

Neil

Comment

Nonetheless, after the -first- day of riding the little rental motorcycle around the island (swim goggles. Risk of corneal hyperemia/hypoxia, but .... whatever ), I had second degree burns on the backs of my hands and pretty severe redness on my nose.
        Now, that's a visual. Thanks for the grin, Neil. Happy traveling to you and Diana.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by neil0502
          Be careful with the Doxy and the sun......

Neil

Be careful with Doxy and the stomach also, Im having real problems with it at the moment - seems to be causing a lot of upset.

Comment

Scary, Neil. Thanks for posting about it. I hope you're doing the sensible thing and spending the rest of your holiday in a nice shady taverna drinking ouzo on the rocks and eating seafood. (Sentimental sigh... been awhile since I was down there in the summer.)
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
            X