Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has any one experienced allergic reaction to doxy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has any one experienced allergic reaction to doxy?

I have been taking doxy for 8 monthes 100 mg it has helped me but now I developed hives since march 10th. I stopped doxy and all the vitamins and fish oils since saterday but nothing has changed. my skin itches with hives. has any one had this?please let me know i am suffering alot. thanks

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/doxycycline-side-effects.html

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Doxycycline Monohydrate:
    Severe allergic reactions (rash;hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; chest pain; dark urine; decreased urination; fever, chills, or sore throat; moderate to severe sunburn; severe diarrhea; severe or persistent headache; stomach pain or cramps; throat irritation; trouble swallowing; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint pain; unusual tiredness; vaginal irritation or discharge; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
    This class of antibiotics can cause allergic reactions in many people. I would recommend seeing your doctor or an urgent care center right away. Most people need an oral steroid (like prednisone) to treat hives. Most of the the time they don’t go away by themselves but need to be treated with steroid medications.

Scout

Comment

After being on doxy for 2-3 months, I noticed that I couldn't tolerate heat or the sun. I would be outside for a few minutes, slathered in sunscreen, and I got rashes all over. Also my lips were dry and bleeding for some reason. I've been off doxy for 2 weeks and my skin is back to normal, thank God!

Comment

Intracranial hypertension from low-dose oral tetracycline 6 weeks, reaction was post-viral though drug was for MGD: persistent headache, confusion and exhaustion, peripheral vision wavering on standing, difficulty distinguishing and negotiating stairs, intially resolved on walking around outside. Stopped drug, got brush-off from GP. Should've got optic nerve heads and retinas examined same day.

Should've gone immediately to A&E and said 'drug reaction', as Scout says. Saw ophth, papilloedema, slow to resolve. Vision and visual fields fine. Same again with macrolide oral antibiotic, MRI showed Chiari 1 herniation, secondary.

OK it's very rare; but, guys (medics), you need to tell us what to look out for, and what to do.
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
        X