This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxycycline? Please tell more!

I have read the post of doxycycline, but I'm still looking for a little more information. What exactly does it help with? I have taken medicines that contain doxycycline since I was probably about 13, but I never knew it could help problems with dry eye?!?! Very recently when I went to my eye doctor and had to tell him the perscription meds I was taking, when I said I was taking Adoxa, he was like, "wow that's actually probably helping you!" i take it every other day though. Should I take it everyday if it's good for the eyes? This is news to me.
    -Amy

Actually Doxy helps in several ways especially if there is some kind of meibomian (lipid) involvement.
    It helps unclogging the meibomius glands (it avoids the formation of toxic and acid fatty acids), it reduces the somewhat the inflammation and the oxidative stress and apoptosis (death) of epithelium cells… Get ready to read tons of books to understand the actual mechanisms if you want to understand why

So Doxy works in many ways… but do avoid too much sungliht (pls go through previous posts on this including mine).

Take care
    Kakinda

Comment

Working...
    X