This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxycycline & Blephasteam goggles having success with MGD Blepharitis DES

It is a year after eye surgery triggered MGD Blepharitis and DES. I can only use preservative free eye drops, and have had pain to some degree every day, some days just eye awareness and discomfort to start with then built to pain within a few hours , other days severe pain that radiates to my forehead and cheek and the back of my throat that lasts all day. Almost every day I go to bed by 9pm just to get away from the pain. Its been misery. I have seen three different consultants who have tried a number of steroids and eye drops and have changed things every couple of months. Nothing really helped. I was using Systane UD up to 9 times a day just to try to get some relief. Four weeks ago my consultant started a course of Doxy, and at the same time I started using Blephasteam goggles once a day. This week i have started noticing a difference. Today, its 8pm, I am on the computer ( unheard of !!) I have only used my drops three times today and am about to use my goggles. This is the most comfortable my eyes have been since my surgery. It may be short lived, I dont know, or it may be long term ( I really hope) - what ever it is, its really helping. Has anyone else had success with Doxy and or Blephasteam goggles, and what has been the longer term outcome. I would be really pleased to hear from you.

/////////////////////
    Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:23.

Comment

Working...
    X