This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systemic antibiotics

Has anyone noticed their eyes feel better when they have been on systemic antibiotics for an infection?

Hi
    I haven't been on systemic antibiotic. Could you share your story ?
    What antibiotic did you take?
    Regards,

George

Comment

You know how this works: you can pay meticulous attention and still not know what's what, if it's really better or not, etc.

After returning from the Boston Foundation for Sight, I got a nasty sinus bug. Ten days of amoxicillin helped, but ... a few days later, it came back.

Jumped on Doxycycline (I should open a darned pharmacy, I swear!). Been on that, now, for over three weeks. Wasn't helping the sinus thing. IT migrated into my lungs.

Got on Amoxicillin, 250mg tid, on 2/26. Wasn't getting better.

Got on Zithromax suspension, 1g qd, two days ago.

I hadn't/haven't stopped the others, so ... right now, I'm on three antibiotics simultaneously (oh, yeah. I know how to party....)

Today might be the first day that I felt any better overall (sinus and lung stuff trying to resolve). Who knows? Maybe it was viral, fungal, or simply vicious AND bacterial.

But ... to your question ... I tried really hard--as we all prolly' do--to stay tuned into my eyes throughout.

Despite pretty consistent humidity, INactivity, etc., etc. -- if anything, my eyes felt worse, and were definitely more red ... throughout all this antibiotic onslaught.

Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by neil0502
        You know how this works: you can pay meticulous attention and still not know what's what, if it's really better or not, etc.

After returning from the Boston Foundation for Sight, I got a nasty sinus bug. Ten days of amoxicillin helped, but ... a few days later, it came back.

Jumped on Doxycycline (I should open a darned pharmacy, I swear!). Been on that, now, for over three weeks. Wasn't helping the sinus thing. IT migrated into my lungs.

Got on Amoxicillin, 250mg tid, on 2/26. Wasn't getting better.

Got on Zithromax suspension, 1g qd, two days ago.

I hadn't/haven't stopped the others, so ... right now, I'm on three antibiotics simultaneously (oh, yeah. I know how to party....)

Today might be the first day that I felt any better overall (sinus and lung stuff trying to resolve). Who knows? Maybe it was viral, fungal, or simply vicious AND bacterial.

But ... to your question ... I tried really hard--as we all prolly' do--to stay tuned into my eyes throughout.

Despite pretty consistent humidity, INactivity, etc., etc. -- if anything, my eyes felt worse, and were definitely more red ... throughout all this antibiotic onslaught.

Hmm.
        Neil,

This is a home remedy that a doctor suggested to me once but it's worth a try since the drugs aren't working. He said that the best thing to do is boil a kettle and breathe the steam in. It's supposed to help clear our your sinus passages.

Comment

Thanks, Danny.

At least three times a week, I've made it to the gym ... for the sole purpose of spending time in the steam bath.

Now that I have the scleral lenses, at least it feels good. Overall, I'm still pretty medically beaten up, though. I'm really not sure that steam, or nasal irrigation, is doing a whole lot of good.

I finally gave up and made an appointment with a highly respected ENT in Southern California. He's creative, aggressive, and really, really smart.

Another MD.

Sigh.

Comment

He's creative, aggressive, and really, really smart.
            Neil, I just have to ask............how do you know this? Did he tell you?

Luce
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Nah. It's actually the opposite. He was the first guy NOT to say he was all those things.

I figured out how wonderful he was when he ... well ... reminded me so much of you

Comment

Working...
              X