This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Doxycycline and MGD

I was wondering,...I have a TBUT between 3 and 4 sec., and as far as I have understood, that's a sign that my meibomian glands are not producing enough oil (and the tears evaporate really fast). Could doxycycline be of any help in my situation? My doctor has never mentioned it.

Toril

I'm not excactly sure what TBUT is but I have MGD, dry eyes, blepharitis. My first, ophtalmologist didn't want to use anitbiotics on me but when I saw my current ophtalmologist he decided to try dxycicline. I made a BIG improvent with this treatment. The first time I tried it orally, the secodn and 3rd were eye drops (locally)
    For women I suggest using drops, that way you don't wipe out the "good bacteria of your body" and end up w/ other problems, if you know what I mean....I learned this the hard way.
    Talk to your doctor about it.
    Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

TBUT is a short of Tear Break Up Time, and shows how fast the tears evaporate from the eye. As far as I've understood it, the tears evaporate faster when you have too little oil in the tearfim. How did you get hold of the doxycycline eyedrops? I've just heard about people taking it orally (and that a company in France is working on making doxycycline eyedrops)?

Greetings from Norway,

Toril

Comment

Hi Tori,
        I live in Texas and there's a compounding pharmacy in California that shipped my doxy drops (overnight) in speacial container (like a cooler with cold packs in it). My dr prescribed it for me.
        I don't know if they can ship it to another country b/c it has to be refrigerated. Check if there are compunding pharmacies in Norway.
        The only problem with doxy is that ht eeffect seem to wear out after a few months. I feel most of the dry eye treatments I have tied on me do that. You do great for a while then feel bad again.
        Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

Hi Maria 1972 -

I have had dry eye now for almost a year and its not good at all -

Please let me know any contact info or website to the company that makes the doxy eye drops.

I would really appreaciate it -

What else do you use for the inflammation - I use cold and warm compresses but it just maintains the eyes - and when i wake up there very dry and I start all over again

thanks

Comment

Compounding Pharmacy That Makes Doxy Droips

Leiter’s Rx Ophthalmic Compounding
            1700 Park Ave Suite 30
            San Jose, California 95126
            Tel: (408) 292-6772, (800) 292-6773, (877) EYE-DROP
            Fax: (408) 288-8252

Pharmacy, with a special interest in Ophthalmic Compounding
            www.leiterrx.com

Go to this page and scroll down to "Dry Eye Compounds"

http://www.leiterrx.com/pharmacy/Price.pdf