Doxy Nausea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxy Nausea

Making me sick. Im taking 100 mg twice a day. Directions say take medication on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2-3 hours after meals. I took it this morning on an empty stomach and felt so completely sick. I read that food inhibits absorption but I'm not sure I can handle it. Any ideas?

hey Cali!

My doctor said to take the doxy WITH food. It also says it on the label of the bottle from the pharmacy. I could never handle it without food. That's weird you have different instructions... You are taking doxycycline? I can handle it now with just a banana or whatever. Maybe try something small at least like some healthy crackers..

Comment

Great, thanks. My CVS pharmacist said it was OK to take with food but the label said empty stomach. I'll take with a couple crackers. No way I can ever take it again without food.

Comment

Ditto to what Faith1989 says.

Comment

F.Y.I it took a goos three months for me to notice any change on the doxy, and it really only helped my eyelids. Not my eyes. I still take 100 mg a day, 200 if I'm flaring. I'm using so much now, who knows what's helping .... Ughh I thought if I got the lids under control my eyes would follow. Didn't happen.

Comment

It's true that doxy is best absorbed on an empty stomach, but if you can't tolerate it that way, then your only options are no doxy (which will do your eyes zero good), or doxy with food (which may very well help your eyes, even though less of it will get into your system compared to taking it with food.)

I also couldn't take it on an empty stomach - felt like puking all day long, it was awful.

So, I took it with food and I felt great. And, it still helped my meibomian glands, even though I was taking it with food.

Anyhow, sounds like you'll be taking it with food from now on anyhow... just wanted to let you know it can still help if you take it that way!

Comment

OK. So I got some bananas (thanks Faith), and like everyone else, going to take the doxy with a bit of food. Just can't hack it otherwise. I'm tough but boy! I think dairy/calcium is the main thing you are to avoid as it effects absorption. So, in addition to bananas I picked up some gluten free, yeast free, dairy free, vegan, non-GMO, etc., etc., etc. bread in the refrigerated section of Whole Foods. It says on the label it has 0% calcium. I also bought some organic coconut spread. On the nutrition label it says "Not a significant source for calcium." I put the links below. I may add a bit of raspberry fruit spread (because life must be worth living!) but I've pretty much eliminated sugar from my diet to curb inflammation.

If anyone see's a red flag in my plan, please let me know. I'm improving rapidly and am hoping the doxy will set me over this latest hump. NEVER LET SERUM DROPS GET WARM!!!!! Here are the links:

http://www.foodforlife.com/product/b...own-rice-bread
              http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/p...oconut-butter/
              Last edited by Cali; 21-May-2013, 21:49.

Comment

I have taken doxy before and with fluids onlu as i was lazy. it wasn't for eyes but resulted in severe reflux and oseophageal burning very very painful. it can lead to stomach ulcers. i now always take it in the middle of a good sized meals. My optho advised this. Even if he hadn't further health issues are not worth it and trust me my eyes r bad.

i believe you can take it with dairy just not within two hours of calcium supplements. and sit for a good while after doxy . avoid sun as u will burn.

Now whether doxy helps the jury is still out. but it prevents me from getting a cold and coughing which kills my eyes bad.

sweet potato is very nice if like me u havnt had sugar in months.
                http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Working...
                X