This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My short experience with Doxycycline

Began taking 1 100mg daily yesterday and stopped today. I'm not sure why but within 90 min of taking it I felt extremely tired, yawning, and listless and it took over 3 hours to feel normal again. Ive had my share of powerful meds for over the last 35 years but these symptoms surprised the heck out of me. I think ill just stick with genteal, Biotears or (hyalauronic) and warm packs just before bed as needed. The following attempts at plugs, steroid drops, oral antibiotics-doxy, restasis, lid hygiene, ointments, and eyewear didn't make much of a difference. I will try Lipiflow on left eye soon.

That really is unusual. My first thought would be that perhaps the pharmacist gave you the wrong medicine. Doxy is quite mild and generally well tolerated especially when taken with food.

Comment

Doxy gave me terrible reflux, im happy not to be taking it anymore!! Can i ask why plugs failed for you?
      I hope the Lipiflow works for you - it made no difference to me at all

Comment

plugs were nightmare and I had ones that were temporary (1 week). my eyes filled with water and I had just 2 lower lid plugs. One Opthamologist suggested I try 4 plugs in all lids and needless to say that made no sense considering 2 plugs were bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalTears View Post
          I will try Lipiflow on left eye soon.
          ET,
          Be careful about having Lipiflow done if your mg's are plugged. If the glands are plugged you can cause further damage. Consider probing first.
          What are your symptoms? Pain? Burning? Other?

Comment

overall my MGD symptoms are mild after being moderate to significant the first 1 to 2 years (2009-2010). its from 11:00pm to when I awake 6:00am when I feel dryness and closed eye lids but its the exception when I feel pain or burning. The rest of the day they feel good. I use just one to two drops of genteal in each eye once in am and once before bed and warm compress 3 times a week. it appears there is a difference between blocked mg and plugged mg's. I know when I use the warm compress the eyes feel better immediately and after reading many of the posts on probing from other members, the risks would outweigh the benefits in my case. 2 weeks ago my lipiview test showed left eye 35 right eye 48, good quality tears, mild inflammation, tear breakup 4 sec, atrophy in 3 of the lower mg lids, 3 others producing, no tear film damage. Is it true plugged mgs would cause more significant symptoms vs having them blocked?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalTears View Post
              . Is it true plugged mgs would cause more significant symptoms vs having them blocked?
              ET, I did not intend a distinction between the terms "blocked" and "plugged." You were referring to plugs placed in the lacrimal (tear) ducts. I was referring to plugged (or blocked, same thing) meibomian glands. If your mg's are blocked (plugged) consider probing first as Lipiflow could cause your symptoms to become worse if the mg's are not open and flowing freely. After the mg's are opened there is less chance that Lipiflow would be detrimental.

Comment

Working...
              X