No announcement yet.

Some success with oral antihistamines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some success with oral antihistamines?

Hi everyone! So I posted a while ago that I had been diagnosed with dry eye and started using drops, then went back to moorfields and they told me my eyes were no longer dry but I was still getting very bad light sensitivity and pain all day. I've been taking omega 3, doing warm compresses and using systane plus humidifier at night. About 4 or 5 days ago I started taking an oral antihistamine in the morning as a random attempt as it seemed that nothing was working for me and I could be waiting up to 3 months for an appointment with an opthalmologist and on the second day of taking them, my eyes still felt strained and tired all day but there was no harsh pain. It's been about 5 days now and I've been able to go on walks outside without having to go back within a few minutes and today I managed to go shopping for around 3 hours with only a strained feeling, no extreme light sensitivity or pain.
    It does seem a coincidence that this has happened since I started taking the antihistamines but obviously I'm not 100% sure whats causing this slight relief, whether its the compresses and eye drops finally working, my hormones regulating since the dry eye happened when I stopped taking my pill and I started taking it again when the dry eye began or just random as there seemed to be no direct cause of the dry eye in the first place.
    I'd love to hear anyones thoughts and if they've had any success with anything I've mentioned. Keep strong guys!

Hi there! I do too have dry eyes due to hormone imbalance, my problem is, as long as I take birth control it gets worst. Well anyway, I’ve been getting better too taking omega 3, flax seed oil, fish oil, and vitamin A. I take a lot of vitamins a day. Some days, I feel horrible, and some other days like you mentioned, you feel like nothing is going on. I do recommend you to write maybe a diary? And keep track of everything you do that can affect your eyes. I write down the vitamins, how I felt that day, what did I do, etc.

I am curious, are you a woman? Can you wear makeup? I’m mostly depressed cause I can’t wear any makeup, my eyes burn with eyeshadow.

Comment

Oh, and another thing, don’t stop the omega 3, I really do believe it helps with dry eye, and it’s good for your health.

Comment

Working...
      X