Doxycycline Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxycycline Question

I've been taking a very expensive slow release form of doxy called Apprilon for the past 10 days. So far I don't see any positive results at all with my blepharitis/dry eyes. Can anyone tell me how long it should take to kick in...thanks

It will take much longer than that. Sorry to be so blunt lol I didn't see a difference with doxy for like months. That's just me though. Also had to start at a much higher dose. I would ask your doctor for regular doxy. It is 1/3 of the price. It wouldn't be so release though. In the meantime, I would do compresses to start the expression.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
      It will take much longer than that. Sorry to be so blunt lol I didn't see a difference with doxy for like months. That's just me though. Also had to start at a much higher dose. I would ask your doctor for regular doxy. It is 1/3 of the price. It wouldn't be so release though. In the meantime, I would do compresses to start the expression.
      Thanks Faith...that's actually good to hear. I thought maybe if it hadn't worked yet that it wasn't going to. She said she thought it was better than the regular doxy. I don't know why, but will definitely bring it up next time I see her. Had lipiflow about 10 days ago as well, but no improvement whatsoever. I guess that's to be expected, but I thought I might feel something. In fact I think my good eye has gotten worse.
      Last edited by Max52; 02-May-2014, 15:25.

Comment

Working...
      X