Doxycycline prescription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxycycline prescription

My eye doc. Won't prescribe me doxy they say I don't fit the clinical picture for it. Though some of my glands are blocked. I know it works for me as.i ordered a course online and it pretty much made my eyes normal again. Something cyclopsonine and loads of over drops I'm on aren't. Trying to weigh up my options try find another doc who may or may not prescribe or try and purchase some more on line at a low dosage. Thanks for any input on the situation.

My eyedoctor prescribed it easy to me and I have been on it for two years and she wants me to keep going. But have you tried other options? Because it’s not really fun to be on it since you have to be very careful with the sun, can get headaches and also it’s not good for antibiotic resistance. How bad are your problems? If they are really bad and you feel like this really helped you I think that you should find another doctor. Otherwise I would try something else like IPL or azyter. Do you have a lot of inflammation?

Comment

What dosage are you on? If your still on it.

Comment

I am new to this forum. I have had facial rosacea on and off for many years and had old metrogels and creams hanging around and used them occasionally and never thought much of the rosacea.
        15 months ago was told by an optometrist in 2022 my eyes were dry and should get IPL. She has an IPL machine." Do broder mask twice a day for life". I was in denial for a while but started to wake up with a very scratchy left eye so tried to do the border mask 2x/day.
        As I learned more about the connection of rosacea and dry eye I asked my PCP to prescribe 0.75% Metro cream twice a day in November 2023. I have been using it with questionable results so far.
        Signed up for IPL with an opthalmologist and last month got the "beginner" treatment with titanium shields in my eyes. $400./treatment out of pocket. He said each subsequent treatment will be extending further out on my face.
        2 Weeks later..
        I went to see my dermatologist who prescribed 50 mg of doxycycline once a day with a trial for 3 months. He said that he was 80% sure it would take care of my face and eyes. With no need for the IPL treatments.
        I had a 2 week old mild off and on stye at my first IPL appointment which has remained despite applying direct hot compresses when it would come to a head. The ophthalmologist reassured me that the IPL treatment could help the stye.
        It continues to come and go but redness remains on the inner part of my eyelid. The ophthalmologist who did the IPL did not return my recent phone calls about the persistent stye which had come to a head again. I went to see my new 2023 optometrist who has prescribed augmentin for 2 weeks twice a day. I decided it was best to go off the doxycycline during the two weeks since I don't want to end up with a severe digestive problem like c-diff.
        Anyone here have good results taking doxycycline for both facial and ocular rosacea/MGD?
        Anyone here seeing good results with IPL for their eyes and face? The dermatologist vaguely concurred, after my comment that if you have the IPL machine you've got to use it in order to pay for it. He was trying to be professional so did not strongly agree.

Comment

Working...
        X