X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does Doxy take?

Hello all,

I have dry eyes which seem to be coming from low oil secretion, but it's not quite MGD, as I think the oil levels are low but the quality is OK (at least that's what I've been able to pick up from various doctors and articles... my dry eyes are accutane induced). I definitely have inflammation, and so I started on Doxy a couple weeks ago. For a while I thought it was helping, but now I'm thinking that was wishful thinking. My dry eye is cropping up again pretty badly. I'm only at 2 1/2 weeks, so I haven't lost hope, but I was wondering how long it took most people who had success with Doxy to see results.

Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick

>I have dry eyes which seem to be coming from low oil secretion, but it's not quite MGD<
    Don't get bogged down with finding a label like "MGD" - any problem with meibum oil can be described as MGD.

It is supposed to be six weeks to see a difference. I've not had a great deal of success with it but I don't have obvious inflammation and I've not stuck to the course quite rigorously. You need to be patient with the doxy and start a lid hygiene routine - the hygiene routine is the recommended treatment on EVERY treatment plan you will find.

Bruce
    Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Hi Nick,

I think it took 4 months for my eyes to appear better with doxy. This was in addition to the warm compresses and eye hygiene treatments which we will all be doing for the rest of our lives... Hang in there, your eyes will improve!!

Comment

I think i must have been lucky since i saw a marked improvement after 2 weeks on doxy About a 50% improvement overall which i have maintained -though i do have days when it is worse but nothing like it used to be
        I started at a high dose -100mgms daily until i improved and then went down gradually to a maintainance dose of 25mgms daily which i have been on for 4 months now -and dare not come off
        Are you on a high enough dose?
        I would still get bad spells mind -For example after returning from 6 weeks touring France in an RV I had quite a few bad days
        I decided there may be allergens in our home and bought 2 air filters and dusted meticulously ( dont know whether it helped or not ) but the symptoms died down and are at the level they were when in the great outdoors
        I suspect this condition waxes and wanes -In fact i read somewhere just that
        so i think we can expect bad spells
        I am meticulous about eyelid hygiene night and morning
        Stella

Comment

what is this lid hygiene routine? Can someone give me some steps? Thanks

Comment

Lid hygiene

The theory is that some dry eye symptoms are caused by solidified lipis in the glands of the eyelid and some from bacteria in the eyelid. Both are help with the routine. All can be fond on this site:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/lidscrubs.html
            Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

have your eyes settled down a bit Bruce?

Comment

Working...
              X