Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very interesting thread, everyone, thanks for posting your experiences. I have some doxy tablets prescribed by eye doc @50mg per day, but have been afraid to try them yet.

Your comments have made me want to try it out now, and see if it helps. He told me I should know within 2-3 weeks if it was going to be of any help.

Comment

Hi Eva,
      And here I'm taking 200mg/day and I was concerned and I'm fine, so you don't need to be concerned about 50mg/day. And, if your 50 works, please let me know and I'm going to ask my doctor to drop me down to 50. I'd rather take less of any prescription drug!

Comment

Probiotics are important!

Hello,

I personally took Doxy several times in my life (not because of my eyes). Pro-biotics are a must! However, do not take them together with your antibiotics - my doctor advised me to take them at least two hours apart from Doxy so that they do not interfere (probiotics might weaken the effect of the antibiotics).

Good luck!

Comment

Tetracycline vs Doxycycline - UK

I read that some of you have received Doxy after going to "Moorefields"
          I assume this is Moorefields in London?
          I did not know you could be prescribed Doxy in the UK???

I have just been prescribed 250mg twice daily of Tetracycline as well as a "weak steroid drop such as G Minims and Prednisolone 0.5%.
          I have very little faith in this opthamologist re dry eye so I am hesitant to take so much Tetracycline.

Is Doxy and Tetracycline the same thing? Anyone else take so much Tet for MGD?
          Thanks Patti

Comment

Hi. Tetracycline and doxycycline, from what I understand, are the same thing, but tetracycline is 4xdaily and doxy is 2xdaily. I took doxy for 10 weeks. It never seemed to improve my symptoms. Neither have the steroid medicines. I really wish there would be a testosterone eye drop. Nerves and testosterone, from what I've read, have the greatest influence on keeping the meibomian glands and lacrimal glands functioning properly. Then we wouldn't need the antibiotics or corticosteroids.

Comment

Nerves?

The Nerves affect the meibomian glands?

Comment

Working...
              X