Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it generally take Doxy to work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it generally take Doxy to work?

I was hoping someone could give me their experience with Doxy. I just finished my first month supply and to my dismay, I popped my contacts in this morning for the first time in a month and my eyes are actually a little worse than when I started Zylet, Doxy, etc. I have been a saint in the last month. I take BioTears, do warm compresses daily, lid scrubs 2x a day, take the doxy (oreacea, 40mg) religiously, and I have only worn glasses during this last month. I also take NAC, lactoferrin, extra fish oil, and have started using Dwelle in earnest this week.

I guess I'm just frustrated and need to hear some encouragement.

By me it took around a month. But it didnt help me out, because it didnt help to reduce the dryness but only the inflammation.

Comment

To sort of reiterate what Atta said, above, I think Doxy is to help the inflammation - not to get rid of the dryness, unfortunately. When Dr. Latkany prescribed it for me, he said that he didn't think it would do all that much for my ocular rosacea but that it might help my facial rosacea. So it's purpose was more for rosacea, which is inflammatory, rather than for the dryness. (In my case, I couldn't handle the Doxy because it irritated my stomach and set off acid reflux - but that's another issue.)
      So, if you don't have rosacea and you were under the impression that the Doxy was going to help the dryness, it's probably not the right drug for you. You ought to give your doctor a call and ask him/her what his/her expectations were for the Doxy in your case.

Comment

I do have roscea

Yea, I do have ocular roscea. But shouldn't the doxy reduce the inflammation and thin the oil in the memoibian glands? And in turn make the glands more productive? In turn making my eyes 'less dry'? Isn't this how it's supposed to work, or am I wrong?

Comment

Your logic makes sense to me, but I also have MGD and Dr. L didn't seem to feel that it would be helpful for that.

Comment

Eh, back to the drawing board I guess!

Thanks for the reply, I trust Dr. Latkany more than my dry eye doc.

Comment

Actually, he just replied to a post in his forum asking about tetracycline (which is basically the same thing) - his reply was "Tetra is good for facial acne and will not perform any miracles on ocualr rosacea. It can help but don't look for the cure with their intake. I am more interested in a natural method that with time and patience will work."

So, yeah...we're back to the drawing board.

Comment

Working...
              X