This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going off Doxy

I'm about to go off a 3 month stint of Doxy. I'm worried about a bad relapse. I feel like it did a good job of controlling lid margin inflammation - although the docs say they still see some clogged glands -- I guess I should ask how many are clogged!!! I feel like I'm doing everything right and yet those "some glands" are still clogged.

Any advise?

I have gone off doxy before and it was a little tough for me at first. The first couple of days were fine, but after about a week I noticed my eyes were becoming a little more irritated. This lasted for about 1 week and then my eyes began to recover. I also noticed a difference in my skin. I was very sensitive to sunlight while on doxy, but when I was off of it I could stay out in the sun much longer. The one thing I would suggest is to try not to worry too much about going off of doxy. The mental part of going of any drug can sometimes be the worst part. Listen to what your doctor tells you and try to have an objective point of view. Basically, just keep in touch with your doctor and let him/her know exactly how you are feeling. I hope this helps.

Comment

lboogie, give us an update on how you're doing w/o doxy =) Hope it's well!!

Comment

things seem to be okay.....I've had a really great weekend -- not too terribly bothered by my dry eyes at all....maybe I'm turning a corner (fingers crossed). Maybe I've also been good about keep my mind off my eyes

They still look very irritated though and the dark circles are still terrible -- BUT I'm getting allergy testing soon too.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Comment

Working...
        X