Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200mg of Doxy to 100mg causing dryness?

My doc halved my doxy from 200mg a day to 100mg for the past 8 days--the past couple of days my eyes have been so dry and it seems like the oil isn't coming out much after I do the heat and massage. I am calling my doc tomorrow but does anyone have experience with cutting their dose of doxycycline in half and experiencing problems with their MGD? I was doing so well. Please advise... Anyone!! ThankS!!!

Does anyone have any experience w/ this?????
    Last edited by jenny2008; 03-Dec-2008, 08:37.
    Jenny

If anyone has exp this please let me know-cut down on doxy and more symptoms!

My doc halved my doxy from 200mg a day to 100mg for the past 8 days--the past couple of days my eyes have been so dry and it seems like the oil isn't coming out much after I do the heat and massage. I am calling my doc tomorrow but does anyone have experience with cutting their dose of doxycycline in half and experiencing problems with their MGD? I was doing so well. Please advise... Anyone!! ThankS!!!

Does anyone have any experience w/ this?????[/QUOTE]
    Jenny

Comment

Oracea (aka doxy) and minocycline

I think I've experienced some of these symptoms. I tried Doxy about 4 years ago and recently I tried the Oracea for a few days but had to discontinue both times due to flare-ups with the ocular rosacea and severe dryness. Not real sure of the dosage the first time. Oracea is always 40mg.

I was on Minocycline for 3 years, but feel I am now resistant to it. They tried to lower the dosage on it and it stopped working. Prior to that it worked great for me. Maybe you should try this. Doxy never worked for me.

I have a question. Once you're resistant to an antibiotic, if you stop taking it for a year or two, upon resuming it, could it be effective again? Does anyone know?
      Thanks much!!!

Comment

I have experienced a similar reaction when my dosage of doxy was reduced from 200mg to 100/day. I am in fact going to talk to my Doc about it later this week. My stomach has appreciated the lower dose but now I begin to feel pain quite severely some days 5-7 hours after the first dose and can feel relief within the hour of taking the next 50 dose.

I took 200mg for approx. 9 months before we tried this reduction and I have been using the lower dose for over 3 months now. I noticed the increased level of pain within a week of lowering the doxy dose.

I was hoping to get off this medication but it does seem to be helping day to day with the pain.

Comment

Yes! What you described is exactly what happens to me.. I cut down the day after my doc apt-around 5 days later I started feeling the pain and my eyes were getting dry again. I too feel a lot better when I up the dose back up but it usually takes me a good 2-3 days and at least a whole week to start feeling like I was before. I take 100mg 2x a day... I see my doc on the 29th of this month and am going to see if I can try this dose a little longer..

How much do you take total for the day? and thanks so much for responding!
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X