This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxycycline: What's your dose?

Curious how much regular users here take? Did you start on a higher dose and then reduce? Thanks.

I am on oracea, and that is a 40mg timed release capsule.

Not sure if it is doing anything. I Have been taking it for a month and change.
    Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

Doxy dosage

Hi,

I take 100mg doxy every the other day. I can function almost normally. If I stop for about 2 weeks I am back in severe pain. I am also doing hot compresses and lid scrub twice a day.

All best !!

GeorgeT.

Comment

Hi,

My dose is and has always been 20 mg. It has not helped one bit. I don't know if I should ask for a higher dose for a month or so and see if it helps.

Comment

I stopped oracea, pursuing allergy testing, seeing a couple new doctors, and might try doxy 100mg+
          Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

PJ, 20 mg seems awfully small to me. My doctors have always talked about jump starting at 200 mg for a week or two, then taking it down to 100 as the maintenance dose. I can't say if it's working much either.

Comment

Does anyone know if there's a dose that does not counter BCPs? As I believe the two are not compatible?
              just keep swimming...

Comment

200mg doxy is probably better on the meibomian glands than 1 drop of azasite per day.

Sorry just wanted to throw that out there =)
                Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Working...
                X