Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evoxac

Hello Everyone,

I had a thought regarding the prescription drug Evoxac that I am taking for dry mouth. I have Graft Verses Host Disease which is a side effect from a bone marrow transplant I had 17 months ago. I also have severe dry eye. I have tried just about everything including the Boston scleral lens. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate my eyes at about 9. It seems as though, that since I have been on the Evoxac that it as also slightly helped my dry eye symptoms. I am maybe at about an 8 now.

Evoxac is generally prescribed to Sjogrens patients, and since there are many of you out there, maybe you would like to offer your opinion on this drug. Also I know there are a few of you out there who also have GVHD and maybe you would also like to share your opinion if you have taken this. I also just recently started taking Tears Again Hydrate. I doubt that the improvement is because of this, because I have also been on pure flax seed for quite some time.

Many of us would love to hear your opinion! Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by markmark; 27-Feb-2009, 10:06. Reason: spelling

Mark
    I am sorry to hear about your situation. I am familiar with a cornea doctor in La Jolla, California who has a patient in your same situation. The patient's vision was 20/200 and the doctor had tried everything he could think of. He put the patient on Oasis TEARS PLUS. At two weeks the patient's vision had improved to 20/100, at four weeks 20/80, at two months he is 20/40 and comfortable.

Comment

Thanks for the advise for the oasis tears plus. I have tried most of the drops on the market along with the ones sold at the dry eye shop. They do offer temporary relief, which is better than none. My last visit to the ophthalmologist my tear producing test (shirmers?) was at a zero. I do feel, like I am producing a little more since I have been on Evoxac the last 4 days. I will be seeing my doctor in 3 days. I am curious to see if there is an improvement. I have also had my ducts plugged and cauterized. I wear glasses for moisture chambers and this seems to help a lot. I have posted the web site for the glasses I wear. These are also good if you work in an environment that require safety glasses.
      They don't look to goofy, and they are reasonably priced!

http://www.abcsafetyglasses.com/gb4010st.html

Mark

Comment

hello

i can buy you a better pair if you want

Comment

Originally posted by beachblanketbingo View Post
          i can buy you a better pair if you want
          Thanks!!!!!!! I''ll take a pair of Panoptx. PM me for my home address.

Just kidding of course. I have a nice pair that I use for riding that I purchased at the local Harley dealer. I wear these clear ones during the day. I thought I would mention these, because they are affordable and the way the economy is these days every penny counts. I hope they can help someone who is on a budget.

Comment

Working...
          X