This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probiotics and doxy ... and timing!

Hi all. I'm taking 40 mg doxy daily, maintenance. Want to start probiotics to address some of the GI issues. Anyone know if it's BAD to take both at the same time, i.e. you should do one in the a.m. and one in the p.m.? Or am I overthinking? Thanks - R.

It would probably be best to take the Probiotics at least 4 hours after you take the Doxy, at least this is what i have heard. THe Doxy will probably kill the good bacteria, so it makes sense.

I think the MGD problems stem from the Colon. as the Colon is where 80% of your immune system exists. the Good bacteria are what make your immune system operate. if you were to kill all the good bacteria in your intestines, your immune system would become so weak you would get any illness coming around. MGD is supposed to be caused by inflammation, and the only thing i can think of that creates inflammation is the immune system.

I sure wish someone could figure this out. I'm going to get a lower GI in the coming weeks, as i started having GI problems before the MGD started. Maybe their connected? who knows, let's hope so.

rhad

Comment

I thought you were supposed to take probiotics well in women to prevent yeast infections. Though when I was on doxy that said it was better to eat yogurt.

Comment

Probiotics

I take my doxy AM and the probiotics PM unless I have some Stoneyfield Yogurt which has always had them naturally, at least that is what I am told. I would not have cared much about this but a close friend of mine almost died from antibiotics killing off the good bacteria and was advised to eat Stoneyfield Yogurt. I gave the short version of this as this is about dry eye. My eye doc reccomended Stoneyfield at the time he prescribed my doxy which impressed me. Maybe others have it now, but I have not looked.

Comment

Working...
        X