oh no...I ran out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh no...I ran out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something flew into my eye and it's bothering me! I always use the unisol bottle as a squirt bottle and now they ran out at CVS. It's the ONLY one I use. Is tap water or bottled water safe to use in a squirt bottle to flush the eyes out? Unisol flushes felt good but I want to use water just to get the sucker out. Good idea??? please help!

If nothing else is available tap water's OK. Main thing is get it out before it scratches the cornea.

Do you have any artificial tears handy? In a pinch I'd use a really thin artificial tear in place of saline. Or an eyewash (yes they're preserved with bak but for emergency use I'd use it).
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

omg, i feel like it's kinda scrathing inside the lid..i don't want it doing harm to my eyes. I have 2 things around the house systane and a few strips of refresh plus. Systane i'm NOT using from experience. It crusted a lot when i used a lot of drops and those big crusts fell into my eyes by morning and it hurt more. I'm not sure how good refresh plus is (never tried). I'm so hesitant about eyedrops b/c of the systane experience. Does water from the tap dry eyes out? I just want this ugly thing out ...Thanks for replying!

Comment

Call the doctor

Refresh plus should not leave residue. I wouldn't worry about the drying effect of water (yes it will but should be short lived) in comparison of a scratch. But at this point I think you ought to call the doc's office and get seen asap. That's what I'd be doing. If you've got something under the lid you should be seen and make sure it all comes out.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

thanks so much! I'll try the refresh thing first and water......hope the doc has an opening today or else it's monday...grrrr

Comment

Working...
          X