Dr Holly's drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Holly's drops

How do we get those marvels? I would like to try them, but it seems like I heard in another post that a prescription is required.

Also...there are 3 types..which is which? How would I know the one(s) I need?

Originally posted by justlasered
    How do we get those marvels? I would like to try them, but it seems like I heard in another post that a prescription is required.

Also...there are 3 types..which is which? How would I know the one(s) I need?
    Hi justlasered,

Here is the situation:

Dwelle, Dakrina, NutraTear and Freshkote are all over-the-counter products (no prescription required). However, for lack of a manufacturer and distributor, the eyedrops have been produced for some time now on an "interim" basis by a compounding pharmacy. Paradoxically, because of the regulations the pharmacy is subject to (as opposed to the drops themselves), a prescription is required for anyone buying directly from the pharmacy.

We have licensed the first 3 products and are right in the middle of having them produced by a sterile ophthalmic manufacturer. I don't have a delivery date yet, but I will post here as soon as they are available. We will have samples before we have the full 15mL bottles, though, and the samples will be free (except for shipping/handling). They are also much cheaper to produce this way than in a pharmacy (though the minimum quantities are daunting) so the price will go down when they become available in our "Dry Eye Shop". In the meantime, Apothecure will still make them available until we have ours ready.

Re which is which:

Dwelle and Dakrina are basically the heavy artillery. The main difference between them is the Vitamin A as an antioxidant in Dakrina. Many patients think of Dwelle as a slightly more viscous product, and prefer it at night and Dakrina for daytime use.

NutraTear (the red one) is a very versatile drop. It was formulated for mild dry eye - computer vision syndrome and so on. But interestingly it's being used by people across the spectrum, from mild to severe. It's very light and doesn't leave residue.

What many of us who have tried the drops did at first was just get all of them and see which was most suitable. Many of us use more than one. Popular combinations are Dwelle at night and Dakrina during the day, or Dakrina at night and NutraTear during the day. I do the latter. I use NutraTear as a contact lens wetting agent and to lubricate my eyes whenever I'm doing something that lowers my blink rate (computer, reading) and put in Dakrina when I need something stronger.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

sorry for double post

Comment

Working...
      X