Is Freshkote the new Dakrina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Freshkote the new Dakrina?

I've given Dwelle another try, I seem to be tolerating it better and it seems to be helping.
    Cleaning the threads of the bottle today I peeled off what almost appeared to be a layer of plastic from the residue. I'm careful to use just a single drop and dob it off my lashes as it seems to grow crystals on my lashes otherwise.
    From my online research I'm wondering if Freshkote the new Dakrina?

DET is a great resource, too bad computer time exasperates my DE.

-Ric
    "In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer"
    -Albert Camus

Originally posted by ricmerry
    From my online research I'm wondering if Freshkote the new Dakrina?
    Nope

FreshKote = Dwelle + phospholipid called Amisol Clear & is sold as an Rx drug

Dakrina = Dwelle + retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A) & is currently not in production.

Dakrina was my first love from amongst Dr. Holly's drops... the one that first got me sleeping through the night when I was in post LASIK misery and in my third trimester of pregnancy... so I'm really looking forward to seeing it back in circulation but it may be a little while. I've been using Dwelle for several years now as my main night & morning drop.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca. I'm going to ask my doc for a prescription to FreshKote as well as Laciserts. On a side note to that, although I really like both of my eye doctors, I think this is serious enough to seek someone more versed in DE. I saw a post about someone in Renton I think I should make an appointment with.
      -Ric
      "In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer"
      -Albert Camus

Comment

Dwelle vs. FreshKote

Rebecca mentioned that FreshKote = Dwelle + a phospholipid. Is there an advantage to having this additional phospholipid? Does the phospholipid primarily help to further relieve symptoms or does it have a therapeutic use as well?

Comment

Working...
        X