Dwelle caused bloodshot eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwelle caused bloodshot eyes

Used Dwelle last night for the 1st time and when I looked in the mirror this am my eyes were totally bloodshot.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If so, does it eventually go away with continued use (at night)?

Thanks!

Same here! My eyes got real red after using Dwelle, but I kept trying for 4 weeks, but no -still red.

But of course, maybe you don't experience this..
    The cure: be open minded

Comment

Unfortunately I could not use Dwelle either. I tried for several weeks each time (about a year in between trys), and both times my eyes became much more red and irritated with continued use. It's not just you.

Comment

Any redness that's not transient could signal a sensitivity or allergy to an ingredient. Always stop using a drop that does that... more of it won't make it better. Initial irritation from instillation is one thing (the high polymer concentration can do that on a very dry cornea) but persistent redness is different.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca, so I should stop using dwelle then? I didn't know if it was a common side affect & went away.

Guess I shouldn't of messed with the good thing I had going.

Can I return the un-opened bottles of dwelle?

Comment

It's up to you if you want to try it again (just in case it was a fluke). If you do, try putting something else like plain saline in a few minutes before. But in general if you find a direct connection between putting a drop in and getting very red for more than 5-10 minutes, I would be thinking potential allergy or other reaction to a component, so I wouldn't persist for long if it happens again. The only reason I'm hesitating is I know there are people who didn't like it at first and later had a much better experience.

No problem on a return, just please contact the shop (email or phone).
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by MNJen View Post
              Used Dwelle last night for the 1st time and when I looked in the mirror this am my eyes were totally bloodshot.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If so, does it eventually go away with continued use (at night)?

Thanks!
              I had the same problem with Dwelle. I can't use this drop.

Comment

I cannot use this drop either. Very-very red and irritated.

Comment

Working...
                X