Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which drops are very effective for dry eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irish eyes
    replied
    Originally posted by peepers View Post
    I have had dry eyes for 3 years which are constantly red & sore.I hate it that they are bloodshot & have tried numerous drops,gels & ointments with no effect.Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which drops work for them? Im currently using optive which doesn't seem to last.I find this problem with most artificial tears.

Hi Peepers

I do so agree with Odydnas. Stay away from any drops that claim to get the redness out. Tackling discomfort is the main thing - and once you start feeling a bit better - then I think your eyes should start looking better.

I've never managed yet to find a drop that suits my eyes so I've often had to settle for the `least bad'. My consultant raved about Optive and although I tried it for a length of time, we had to admit defeat that it wasn't helping.

Fortunately, my NHS PCT accepted me for trials of autologous serum drops. My symptoms still manifest but not as severely - plus the consultant said that the surface of the eye was looking healthier. (One thing that he added was that I seemed to be smiling more !)

I wish there was something I could suggest but I think it's going to be trial and error. You should aim to get pf versions where possible.

Leave a comment:

• odydnas
    replied
    Hi Peepers. Welcome to DEZ. Regarding drops, it's important to stay away from "get the red" out drops because it will only cause a worse rebound effect. And, it is also best to use preservative free drops. When it comes to drops, everyone seems to have their own personal preference...I've heard here that people like Optive, Systane, Dwelle, Freshkote, SootheXP, and OasisPlus. Personally, I've tried all of them, and I don't find any to be that great. I guess if I HAD to choose, it would be Freshkote and Oasis Plus.

With that said, lubricant drops are not generally an effective treatment (altho some people have seen great improvement with Dwelle, check out Rojzen's posts), they are more for temporary relief. It is important to find out what is causing your symptoms and take steps to treat it. For example, are you aqueous deficient? have allergies? immune disorders? blepharitis?

Leave a comment:

• peepers
    started a topic which drops are very effective for dry eye?

which drops are very effective for dry eye?

I have had dry eyes for 3 years which are constantly red & sore.I hate it that they are bloodshot & have tried numerous drops,gels & ointments with no effect.Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which drops work for them? Im currently using optive which doesn't seem to last.I find this problem with most artificial tears.
Working...
X