Eyedrops for Evaporative Dry Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyedrops for Evaporative Dry Eye

What is the best drop you've used for evaporative dry eye?

For me, it would have to be Freshkote and Oasis Plus, though neither of them are very good. They are just relatively better than other drops I've tried.

I'm thinking of trying Soothe XP or Blink. Thoughts?? Comments? Opinions?

Relatively better than the others i've tried are Allergan Optive. Apparently they represent the latest in dry eye drop tech and are popular with alot of UK opthalmologists. Bottle lasts for six months once opened aswell.

Comment

I really like Optive as well; it comes in preservative-free form "Optive Sensitive" as well. At the moment I am experimenting with Blink preservative-free at the request of my doc. Don't think it's anything special though...

Comment

Freshkote and Thera Tears are my two favourite.

Comment

Eyedrops for evaporative dry eye

Celluvisc 0.5% helps most for me.

Comment

Any one want to comment on drops containing Hyaluronate
            I have just decided to switch to clinitas soothe
            I was doing clinitas ultra 3 (freshcote )for over a year and found them good but had a bad flare-up recently and clinitas ultra 3 stung my eyes too much
            I had a few soothe in the house and they are much better for me at the moment
            They are PF and contain 0.4% hyaluronate - which lumacare says is the highest concentration allowed in GB

I have read the discussions on hyaluronate on this site
            Lisiamc actually wrote to clinitas who said they were perfectly safe since the % was very low

David Crystal in Ediburgh Scotland sells them and he has a good reputation on this site

Lumecare -a similar site to this ,but for us in GB ,sells them - but i notice they are out of stock at the moment - a good sign probably

The concern is -- in high quantities Hyaluronate because of its high phosphate content has been known to lead to corneal calcification which can cause blindness
            This was a one off experiment done by a German company using Hylocomod a preparation using 50.9mmls/litre -- clinitas soothe uses 3. 5 mmls /litre

Also there are many other drops containng low dose hyaluronate
            eg --
            Ocumed -0.2%
            Ocusan 0.2%
            Blink --0.15% -- pretty high !!
            Vismed
            Oasis tears
            Thats only a few

Rebecca - you dont list any with hyaluronate in the consumer guide to eye lubricants - and i wondered why ?
            Thanks - any comments gratefully recieved
            Stella

Comment

safety of hyaluronate in eye drops

Any one want to comment on drops containing Hyaluronate
              I have just decided to switch to clinitas soothe
              I was doing clinitas ultra 3 (freshcote )for over a year and found them good but had a bad flare-up recently and clinitas ultra 3 stung my eyes too much
              I had a few soothe in the house and they are much better for me at the moment
              They are PF and contain 0.4% hyaluronate - which lumacare says is the highest concentration allowed in GB

I have read the discussions on hyaluronate on this site
              Lisiamc actually wrote to clinitas who said they were perfectly safe since the % was very low

David Crystal in Ediburgh Scotland sells them and he has a good reputation on this site

Lumecare -a similar site to this ,but for us in GB ,sells them - but i notice they are out of stock at the moment - a good sign probably

The concern is -- in high quantities Hyaluronate because of its high phosphate content has been known to lead to corneal calcification which can cause blindness
              This was a one off experiment done by a German company using Hylocomod a preparation using 50.9mmls/litre -- clinitas soothe uses 3. 5 mmls /litre

Also there are many other drops containng low dose hyaluronate
              eg --
              Ocumed -0.2%
              Ocusan 0.2%
              Blink --0.15% -- pretty high !!
              Vismed
              Oasis tears
              Thats only a few

Rebecca - you dont list any with hyaluronate in the consumer guide to eye lubricants - and i wondered why ?
              Thanks - any comments gratefully recieved
              Stella
              Last edited by stella; 13-Mar-2010, 03:39. Reason: Sorry for the repeat

Comment

What is the closest thing to Clinitas Soothe that is available in the US? Normally, Oasis Tears Plus provides enough protection for me throughout the day but occasionally, due to computer use or dry air or whatever, my eyes will sting and I need a drop that can provide relief.

Comment

Sparrow, Are you using the Plus version of Oasis TEARS?

This product bonds to epithelial cells (corneal cells) through a CD-44 receptor acting as the mucin layer of tears. The product also holds 1000 times its weight in water (aqueous). The glycerin in the product holds the lipids that are available to slow evaporation.

My experience with this product is people do not give it the 3-4 months needed to repair epithelial cells and goblet cells. Those that do commit notice remarkable improvement.

Comment

yes, I am using the Plus version of Oasis tears and love it, but just lately, say in the last 3 weeks or so, I have needed other drops during the day and have tried Blink in preservative free vials. don't think that drop is great but I don't know what else to try as the Oasis Tears Plus has been so great for me I haven't needed anything else

Comment

Working...
                    X