• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeopathic Eye Drops

Anyone ever use homeopathic eye drops?

Here are some I found...
    http://www.naturaleyecare.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=1508

Just curious if anyone has tried actual drops, not just supplements.

Thanks!

I use similasan for dry eye...its okay, supposed to be a natural drop. Never heard of anyone using these....but for 16 bucks Its always worth a try to help your eyes. I might order them myself unless someone on here tried them already and didnt like them...anyone?

Here are some I found...
    http://www.naturaleyecare.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=1508

Just curious if anyone has tried actual drops, not just supplements.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Comment

No I haven't tried drops although I have spent a lot of cash on homeopathy which turned out to be a complete waste. The practitioner was clearly out of her depth and there was embarrassment all round - and she was a registered homeopath in charge of a training school.

How would these drops work?

Homeopathy is based on the principle of `similars' ie symptoms can be helped by giving people small amounts of substances that produce similar symptoms in healthy people - if they have them in large amounts.

Zincum metalicum + Arsenicum album + Nux moschata all bring back memories of the regimen I was subjected to. I don't recall Mother of Pearl, dandelion or `venom of the bee' though.

Homeopathy may help some conditions but I would be wary. Some of these things always strike me as expensive placebos. Each to their own.

Comment

I looked at the link and you'd have to be a chemist to decipher all this. I wouldn't want to spend lots of $$ and not really know what it is.

Similisan drops have been around forever and available in health food stores and some drug stores. I have used them, but it's been a long time and I don't think I had any particular success. I have heard of an occasional post where someone liked these drops Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

The ingredients are usually given in Latin, adding a sense of mystery and therefore power.

Wasting money is one thing but I would be more concerned about delaying competent medical advice.

Comment

Ditto on the Simalasan drops. I had tried them and had no particular success. They did not burn at all but I didn't feel they helped more than any other OTC product.

Comment

Tried those drops. No help. Showed the bottle to my dr, and he said an ingredient in dilates the pupils. Yikes. I threw the bottle out. Homeopathy is unscientific nonsense.

Comment

Working...
              X