erythromycin eye ointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erythromycin eye ointment?

anyone take the above? it seems i got an eye infection and am now taking it . was wondering if anyone on here has taken this before?
    Jenny

Never heard of it. But i do sincerely wish your condition improves and your infection doesn't last long. How did you get the infection anyway?

Comment

I may have used this in the past for an infection, but it was over a year ago and I don't remember, it may have been another ointment.

What are your concerns?

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
      anyone take the above? it seems i got an eye infection and am now taking it . was wondering if anyone on here has taken this before?

Comment

no major concerns-my eye just seems drier than my other eye-but that could be due to it being really red and the lower lid being inflammed!
        Well, I what looked like a small pimple on my lower lid-not on the gland but right on the edge. i had my local optometrist pop it with q tips--it hurt so much-but it was hurting me as it was rubbing against my cornea.. anyway, all this sticky fluid kept coming out for a day-i finally called my doctor in Louisville yest-got a doctor on call-they rx'd the ointment and want to see me this week-- the doc i spoke to said even if i wouldn't have had it popped it still could hvae been an infection =esp since i am on cyclosporine-which is an immunosuppresent--more likely to get infections and not be able to fight them off

thanks everyone! i am feeling better -it is still red but i will continue the ointment.. thanks again..this board is the BEST!!
        Jenny

Comment

I took erythromycin twice. One was about 6 years ago for a stye that would no go away. I took it for 3 months and it finally subsided. Recently, I took it for a month for MGD, but it did nothing at all.

Comment

Taking it right now for a current eye infection im hoping gets diagnosed shortly, i have a corneal abrasion but not bothering my eye sight, from my research it may have become infected.

My family doctor is trying to get me into someone next week.

It does help bacterial infections, its good to use regularly until the infection is gone.

I am perplexed though as my eyes produce a yellow discharge in the morning, this is commen with blepharitis except i never get it and was diagnosed with blepharitis, not until this abrasion appeared 6 months ago, then went away, then it reappeared a week or so ago. Which leads me to believe its either infected, and or i also read your eye releases a yellow discharge as a safety mechanisim if your eye is injured, so which one is it?

To complicate matters my other eye has no such symptoms (I use the same eye drops in both eyes) this is also the second time it hapepned, so im also starting to think the bacteria is entered easier maybe when theirs abrasion?

Sorry did not want to steal your thread, but im currently using for the above and it did help when it occurred 6 months ago as the yellow discharge disappeared.

Im also suggesting to be careful, that stuff if you notice is very hard and thick, and sometimes im worried its hard enough in itself to scratch my cornea, so i apply lots of heat and try to melt it.

Comment

I've used it several times for recurring erosions and never had any problems with it.

Comment

Working...
              X