No announcement yet.

N-Acetylcysteine Drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delilah, in Dr. G's post, he includes a link to his home page which gives all of his contact info. Here it is again
    Dr. G.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Delilah,

I'm hoping you can find some explanation without traveling so far. I am pretty confident that I know what I am doing, but I am not so sure that I am any better than the doctors you have already seen. But, the answer to your question is of course I would see you and you don't have to worry that I would ever charge more than you could afford. I can do TBUT, Schirmer with and without anesthesia, as well as the same test Dr. Pflugfelder does with the Tomey TMS-2 topographer. Treatments includes the full range of options, except amniotic membrane transplants (and I hope you don't need one).

Comment

Amniotic Membrane OMG

Dr. G, please don't scare me lol Im not sure I might have to have one of those if these string thing problem doesn't get fixed, I've noticed the white of my eyes crinkles and wrinkles very easily, I don't think I could afford one if I needed one anyway My appointment to Dr. Lawless had to be cancelled so I am going to see him either tomorrow or Friday, next week at the latest, try these NAC drops and see if they work. Im making an appointment in Salt Lake with that other doctor at the Moran Eye Clinic, if he doesn't seem to know what is going on or doesn't seem to care like Dr. Olsen did then I will come to see you.
        About those eye tests, does it hurt that bad that you need to be put to sleep? If it does the I will definately be put to sleep. Until then I will post when I finally go see Dr. Lawless here in Pocatello. Again thank-you very much for showing so much care and concern. Delilah

Comment

Hi Delilah,

A Schirmer's 'with or without anesthesia' means doing it with or without numbing just the eye(s). I'm sure you've had numbing drops in your eye before...right? It's no biggie.
          Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Dr. Tabin

Hello everyone, I have an appointment on March 15th with Dr. Tabin at the Moran Eye Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. He's an M.D. that specializes in diseases of the external part of the eye, Cornea and External Eye Diseases, he's also the Director Division of International Opthalmology. Thanks Cindy for explaining to me what the numbing eye drops were and yes I've had the numbing drops I am hoping that Dr. Tabin will have some answers for me, so I have made a 4 page report of everything I've been going through, what I've tried and am still trying and went into detail of my symptoms and what I've actually been diagnosed with, I think this will help him and give him a better outlook of whats going on.
            So when I go to see him we won't have to waste any valuable time on my history and get right down to the testing and hopefully a cure. I am hoping to get some of those NAC eye drops in Salt Lake, that is if he finds I really do have the FK. I also would like to thank Dr. G for all of his help too My appointment isn't till next month so I will just have to go on like I have been doing for all these damn years.
            Also I need sinus surgery badly and I am undergoing a sinusplasty, turbinectomy and rhinoplasty late this fall. I have a bad deviated septum, overly enlarged turbinates and I can't breathe right, I was born without eustachian tubes so I have tubes in my ears all the time. It sucks and my sinuses are getting worse and I was wondering if maybe since the mucus is all backed up in my sinuses it could be why my eyes are so bad? Don't know but I am looking forward to breathing right, getting off all these damn decongestants and hopefully it will clear my poor eyes up
            The overly enlarged turbinates have made my nose even bigger lol, so that is why I am also getting a rhinoplasty, he's just gonna shave the huge hump off my nose, make it smaller, I'll look completely different but I wouldn't of ever had this done if I didn't suffer from bad sinuses, I figure well, I have to get 2 necessary surgeries, why not get the nose I've always wanted? Anyway's I will let all of you know what happens in March, I will post later. Thank you and God Bless. Your Buddy In Idaho D

Comment

Just a tip on taking NAC orally

I've started taking NAC Sustain from Jarrow Pharmaceuticals. It stays in your system for 4 hours instead of the regular 1.5. Also you need to take it in the morning on an empty stomach and wait 1 hr. before eating and between meals with fruit juice. I think it works better that way. I think it's been helping my MGD. I'm taking 3 a day.

Comment

Working...
              X