I imported Clinitas Ultra 3 from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I imported Clinitas Ultra 3 from the UK

Found a place where worldwide shipping cost next to nothing. I had heard that this is NutraTear aka FreshKote under another name, which has received a lot of hype on this community. I've grown into an hardcore fan of Dwelle in these last few months and as I read that this was basically Dwelle but with one or two improvements I wanted to try it out. These don't risk going out of production either.

So far I like it. It seemed to be that I felt relief faster than with Dwelle. I definitely recognize that it's in the same family as Dwelle, as it feels very similar on my eyes.

I must say that it does seem to have a subtle and slightly disagreeable burning sensation that I didn't feel with Dwelle, but nothing too bad. Hopefully that sensation with wane over time.

Can anyone explain what are the new ingredients in these drops that are not part of Dwelle, and how differently do they act?

That's great that you were able to get it. And I agree the production issue is a key concern. We all need something we can consistently get.

Just a minor clarification: Clinitas Ultra 3 is the same as FreshKote but is totally different to NutraTear (the pink drop which sadly is currently out of production... my top favorite for daytime use. I'm still hoarding expired drops).

I haven't used FreshKote in years but my personal recollection of it was that it felt somewhat more comfortable initially on contact with the eye than Dwelle & Dakrina. They all have the same concentration of the two PVAs and povidone so the burning can happen with any of them but varies a lot with user (and time of day and as Lucy would say color of socks).

Can anyone explain what are the new ingredients in these drops that are not part of Dwelle, and how differently do they act?
    FreshKote is Dwelle plus a phospholipid ingredient called Amisol Clear. Can't really answer the question of how it acts but I'm sure someone can
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca, do you happen to know the osmorality of dwelle and Oasis tears plus? It is said the the lower the osmorality the better it dilutes the salt concentration in the eye. Just wondering if you know the osmorality figure for dwelle and Oasis Tears Plus. Thanks

Comment

Not a clue, sorry. I'm osmo-illiterate
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
          That's great that you were able to get it. And I agree the production issue is a key concern. We all need something we can consistently get.

Just a minor clarification: Clinitas Ultra 3 is the same as FreshKote but is totally different to NutraTear (the pink drop which sadly is currently out of production... my top favorite for daytime use. I'm still hoarding expired drops).

I haven't used FreshKote in years but my personal recollection of it was that it felt somewhat more comfortable initially on contact with the eye than Dwelle & Dakrina. They all have the same concentration of the two PVAs and povidone so the burning can happen with any of them but varies a lot with user (and time of day and as Lucy would say color of socks).

FreshKote is Dwelle plus a phospholipid ingredient called Amisol Clear. Can't really answer the question of how it acts but I'm sure someone can
          Just to say, this wasn't a dig against you. We're all really thankful of how you're trying to bring these drops back into production with your feeble means in spite of all the roadblocks that it entails. But yeah as you say if you're going to use a product in the long run, long-term supply matters.

I must have seen conflicting information them, if NutraTear and Freshkote/Clinitas Ultra 3 are different products. I did notice that the liquid had no red hue and just didn't pay attention to that telltale sign.

Concerning Amisol Clear, Google tells me that it is a "proprietary ingredient that is claimed to stabilize the lipid layer of tear film."

Comment

I have been using the FreshKote product for over 2 years, and it has helped to stabilize my meager tear film. I use Dwelle too, but FreshKote lasts longer.

Yes, it will burn upon instillation sometimes. For me, that's in the evening when my eyes are very dry.

I still get irritation and inflammation, but it's mostly related to the high pollen season.

C

Comment

I mean the effect in my eyes.

For evenings when my eyes are drier the drops really do sting a lot. I have to put them in and squeeze my eyes shut (can't bear to open them right away) and wait till the sensation cools out. After I put in the drops, I usually go wash my eye lids and lashes gently with cool water, and sometimes wipe them with a moist wash cloth. The drops seem to release accumulated mucus on the eye surface, so I usually remove that while I'm at it (you know, drag it out with my finger---sometimes have to do this a couple of times).

This a kind of a "re-set" and clean whenever I have to use the drops.

What I mean by "lasting longer" is that once I'm finished with the above routine, I go back to doing something else---reading, watching a program, etc.---and I usually don't notice my eyes bothering me again until I go to bed.

If I use a different kind of drop, I end up being uncomfortable fairly soon and have to add drops again----and again----etc.

Calli

Comment

People are asking me by PM where I got the drops from. I got them from some Amazon retailer which doesn't stock them anymore.

However, I found a place where the drops are pretty cheap, 4,95 pounds. Shipping is pretty expensive (15 pounds in my case to ship to Eastern Canada), but if you add up more bottles it evens out a bit. Considering that the drops are cheaper than the usual UK price which is 7-8 pounds, it's not all that bad.

It would end up more expensive than buying OTC drops in your local drugstore, but not that much more. If you decide that they suit you, maybe you can order a lot of them with your next order. It took about 10 days before they arrived here.

Comment

After having used the drops for a week, I must say I prefer them to Dwelle. Usually they're more comfortable to bear. The lipid agent seems to have some very, very slight effect, which I hope could build up over time. By trying Refresh Endura which contains castor oil, I felt way more relief to my upper eyelids than anything, which I immediately attributed to the oil. Alas the castor oil ended up burning way too much. That's why I'm happy to go with yet another oil-based drop, only one that will not be an irritant, even if it means that the effect is far weaker.

Dr. Holly's drops feel heavy and are not very comfortable but I'm happy to have found another brand I can take relatively well. Considering that the following brands made my life worse to various degrees:

-Systane
                  -Thera Tears
                  -Genteal Gel
                  -Refresh Endura
                  -Oasis (this one everyone ranted about as the most comfortable by a huge margin, and yet it burned to no end, I was shocked)

Comment

Hi Roderick
                    You might find as I did that you can hardly tolerate any kind of drops when your eyes are in an acute phase of Bleph/Mgd/dry eye - I was like that ,and in despair the first year I developed this
                    Things changed for me as i got it under control, and I can use all sorts of drops now quite comfortably

My favorite was Clinitas ultra 3 -- until I tried Clinitas soothe single unit 0.4% hyaluronate made by Altacor and available on the net
                    These drops are bland and very soothing to the eyes and hyaluronate drops last longer than the average
                    Worth a try maybe!

Comment

Working...
                    X