Use Caution When Mixing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Caution When Mixing!

This may be old info for those of you more experienced than I with DES, but I wanted to share an experience. Last night at bedtime I instilled GenTeal Moderate rather than the GenTeal gel. I noticed my error right away. I waited a few minutes then went ahead and instilled the gel. I experienced immediate burning, redness and watering that was quite intense. It lasted a minute or so. I had to double check to make sure I had put eye drops in my eye rather than something else, like rubbing alcohol! The labels on the two products suggest they contain the same main ingredient. There are probably plenty of differences between the two that I was not aware of. I hardly expected two products with the same name and same main ingredient to have a war with each other inside my eye! From here on out, I am waiting at least 15 minutes between using different things in my eyes.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Hi Kitty,

Thank you for sharing that. I had a very similar experience but kind of thought it was a fluke...I guess not though! I'm not sure why I did this, but figured that before bed, I would try putting in my drops (Systane) then right after putting in my GenTeal gel. I had the exact reaction as you did. It burned so bad I couldn't even open my eyes to reach for my Unisol. I actually started crying just to rinse it out! I waited a while and then put the gel in again with no problems...it must have just been the two of them in there together!!

-Shells

Comment

Working...
    X