2 "new" eyedrop products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 "new" eyedrop products

Like many of you, I'll try anything new. Two recent additions to the dry-eye section of the store shelves are: "Refresh Dry Eye Therapy" by Allergan (a milky suspension, very similar in appearance to "Soothe" and having remarkably similar product info/advertising as Soothe. The other is "GenTeal Gel Drops" by Novartis (a gel eyedrop with the "long-lasting relief of a Gel, convenience of a Clear Drop.")

I have tried both in the last few weeks. The new Refresh Dry Eye Therapy is OK--doesn't seem radically different from other eye drops (active ingredients are glycerin 1% and polysorbate 80 1%). I like the GenTeal GelDrops (active ingredients are carboxymethylcellulose .25% and hypromellose .3%, preserved with GenAqua)--they don't sting, they're not too thick (but do blur vision for a few minutes). I didn't like the other GenTeal eyedrop products (their Mild, Moderate, and Severe). They have also introduced a "Nighttime Ointment" which I noticed was no different than other PM products (contains mineral oil and petrolatum).

Note: I just noticed that the whole shelf of dry eye products at Walgreen's was labeled "Relief for Lasik Patients" (or something like that). That's pretty amazing that an elective surgery can produce a chronic symptom requiring an entire shelf of remedies.

C66

Note: I just noticed that the whole shelf of dry eye products at Walgreen's was labeled "Relief for Lasik Patients" (or something like that). That's pretty amazing that an elective surgery can produce a chronic symptom requiring an entire shelf of remedies.
    C66-this is a fairly new phenomenon. A few years ago, many denied lasik resulted in dry eyes. Now, since there are many of us, the drug companies are on the bandwagon and "talking to the lasik dry eye" patients specifically. A whole new source of patients to be tapped. I guess this is good.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

[Note: I just noticed that the whole shelf of dry eye products at Walgreen's was labeled "Relief for Lasik Patients" (or something like that). That's pretty amazing that an elective surgery can produce a chronic symptom requiring an entire shelf of remedies.

C66[/QUOTE]

Could this be an oportunity for a new expression: The dry eye gets the lube ?
      Sorry I could not resist.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X