Lacrisert gel inserts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
    Hodgee10, if you don't hear back from the other member, contact Aton Pharma at customerservice@lacrisert.com.
    Hi Rebecca,

I have sent 2 emails to th suggested email address, but to date I have not received a reply.
    Do you know if Lacriserts are still available in Australia?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by hodgee10 View Post
      Hi Rebecca,

I have sent 2 emails to th suggested email address, but to date I have not received a reply.
      Do you know if Lacriserts are still available in Australia?

Thanks,
      I called their customer service. They said no but not very confidently and I got the feeling the person I spoke to just didn't know. They have another page on their site that says "Outside the United States and Canada, please contact Idis: Cus@idispharma.com" so I've emailed them and I'll let you know if I hear anything.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca. I'll await your reply if you get one from them.

Regards,

Suzanne

Comment

Lacriserts had originally been supplied in Australia by the company Sigma. Australians could purchase them on prescription and the government's Pharmacuetical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidised them and the cost was about $30 a month. I think in about 2005 Sigma sold the product to Merck Sharp and Dhome who supplied them free to registered users through the Therapuetic Goods Administration (TGA) Special Access Scheme for a few years until about 2008. I think Merck sold the product to Aton Pharma who do not provide it in Australia. I contacted Aton Pharma by email at the time and I was advised to purchase Lacriserts online and they provided the contact for this. It would be great if Aton Pharma could reconsider and apply to provide this product again in Australia. The government PBS scheme would hopefully subsidise it again and it could be available more cheaply. As Lacriserts are essential for my dry eyes secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome I have no choice but to purchase them online from Canada. I know they work for me and solve my dry eye problem so I am prepared to spend the money.
          Last edited by Florence; 29-Jan-2011, 00:11.

Comment

Working...
          X