GenTeal Gel drops for Severe dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenTeal Gel drops for Severe dry eye

Has anyone tried this stuff? Seems to work pretty good at night. It isn't pasty or thick but a nice clear gel that coats the eye pretty well.

I use it and I find it OK. That's really saying something because I have tried so many products and most of them irritate.

I use Genteal Gel at night time only and it means my eyes are less sore on awakening than they would be otherwise. I use autologous serum as routine but my consultant wanted me to try using artifical tears as well.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
      I use it and I find it OK. That's really saying something because I have tried so many products and most of them irritate.

I use Genteal Gel at night time only and it means my eyes are less sore on awakening than they would be otherwise. I use autologous serum as routine but my consultant wanted me to try using artifical tears as well.
      That's what I need to try and get my doctor to let me use, is the autologous drops.

Comment

I have used it for years. It works well for me.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by grandsporta View Post
          That's what I need to try and get my doctor to let me use, is the autologous drops.
          Serum certainly improved the ocular surface; for me it was a measure of last resort as nothing else had helped. Symptoms improved but signs improved even more.

Serum is costly to manufacture but I found out the other week that the NHS agreed to fund me for another year - I accept that expenditure has to be justified (i.e. evidence that the treatment is making a significant difference). Cost is often the deciding factor and I feel very fortunate that my case was accepted in the first place.

Manufacture of serum drops differs from country to country - this is what happens in the UK.

http://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/tissueservic...es/autologous/

Comment

In the US, my insurance wouldn't pay for the serum drops. I had to travel to a university center and have this done, so that was a 200 mile round trip. I did not do this but once because of these reasons.
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X