Your Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Products

I got the trial sizes of the Drelle and Draknel (I don't have the boxes with me so can't remember how to spell them and I'm too lazy to go find them here ) and the TheraTears and I have to say that I love the night time drops. I have not had to use the goopy ointment since I started using them. I do have a question though, they are not preservative free and I was wondering if frequent use is damaging. I'm guessing I was told to use preservative free by my Optho because of the frequency and the severity of the dryness, but how frequent is too frequent with you products? Honestly, I have not had to use the daytime drops yet. I think my eyes were so ittitated from sleeping and drying out at night that that was the cause of my daytime pain. When I go to bed and my eyes are feeling bad, I will put the night time drops in and a few times I've had to get up in the middle of the night for another drop. Is that okay or should I use some of the preservative free drops for this?

Also, my eyes sting when I first put the drops in. Is this a normal reaction to these drops?

Originally posted by Cali Girl
    I do have a question though, they are not preservative free and I was wondering if frequent use is damaging. I'm guessing I was told to use preservative free by my Optho because of the frequency and the severity of the dryness, but how frequent is too frequent with you products?
    Hi there - so glad the Dwelle seems to be working out for you! That's my nighttime regular lately. (I rotate depending how my eyes feel.)

Re-applying during the night is safe. Frequent use should not be at all damaging with these drops as the preservative is non-irritating. (This was tested extensively in clinical trials and has been proven with more than 10 years' use.) Frequency should be within reason though. I can't really give a maximum but it's my personal, unprofessional view that using any drops more than once an hour may be an indication some other treatments or eye protection should be considered as a better alternative. For myself, I would consider it preferable to use a drop with a safe preservative if it gives longer relief than use an unpreserved drop that I had to put in far more frequently.

Also, my eyes sting when I first put the drops in. Is this a normal reaction to these drops?
    Yes, it is normal. When the epithelium is compromised, any drop with high polymer content (polymers are things like PVA, povidone, methylcellulose, etc) is liable to sting briefly. It would be typical for this to subside after a few days' use but that is not always the case. When I apply Dwelle first thing in the morning when my eyes are at their most fragile it always stings briefly. I put it in anyway though as a protectant because if I shower without it my eyes smart really badly from the water.

p.s. The names are Dwelle and Dakrina. We didn't make them up, we just inherited them
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca, would you say it is safe to put Dwelle/Dakrina in every couple of hours?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieD
        Rebecca, would you say it is safe to put Dwelle/Dakrina in every couple of hours?
        Yes, certainly.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X