Preservative Free Saline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preservative Free Saline?

Has anyone come across a preservative free saline solution in single use vials?
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

OcuFresh Eye Wash

Hi Kitty,

There is a product called OcuFresh Eye Wash. It is GREAT! It comes with 6 single-use vials of eye wash and a plastic eye cup. I have them at home, in my gym bag, and in my desk at work because they are so convenient. I used to use the Unisol, but didn't have the eye cup. It is so much easier and much less messy with an eye cup, and the single use vials make it very convenient to take anywhere.

-Shells

Comment

Thanks much!
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

ah i used ocufresh eyewash on my vacation to NYC last summer, and it was WONDERFUL. its amazing how much little dirt particles can get in your eyes and caught in the corner of your eyelids after walking around new york all day. wow it really cleaned my eyes and was soooo sooo sooooo refreshing. good recommendation.
        -Amy

Comment

Ocufresh eye wash

The Ocufresh Eye Shower is one of my favorites too!

Comment

I bought some Ocufresh today. It is chilling in the fridge! Thanks everyone!

Comment

Hey! I just noticed there is a link in the Dry Eye Shop to purchase this! Yay!!! I actually bought mine while on vacation in some random grocery store and haven't seen it since, so I was wondering where I would find it again when my stock ran out (it was buy one get one free there, so I stocked up! )

Comment

Originally posted by shells
                Hey! I just noticed there is a link in the Dry Eye Shop to purchase this! Yay!!!
                Uh oh - there I go again trying to be helpful and only making things confusing. The link is actually to drugstore.com. I was just trying to post links to some useful products, whether or not they are in the Dry Eye Shop. (FWIW, the Ocufresh eye wash is $5.49 for a box of 6 at drugstore.com. Seems reasonable!)

I haven't tried the eye shower myself but I definitely plan to. Does anybody know offhand whether it is readily available in drugstore chains (bricks & mortar)?
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

It is available at Rite Aid, Walgreens, Albertsons and several other stores according to the manufacturer Web Site. I bought mine at Walgreens, it was just under $6.00. By the way, I have discovered that I prefer my TheraTears "on the rocks". You should see my fridge, it looks like a pharmacy between the cat meds and mine! Ha Ha

Comment

Yes, after I posted, I realized it really wasn't the dry eye shop. But, it is still nice to know where I can get it online if I can't find it in any stores around me (I got it when I was in AZ on vacation...they had more dry eye stuff in their grocery stores than we do in our pharmacies!!! I guess there are alot of dry eye sufferers in AZ!) Kitty, thanks for the locations. I'll check out the Rite Aid near me.

Comment

AMO also makes Lens Plus Rewetting Drops

which comes in small 0.01 fl oz unit dose containers. Unfortunately it is hard to find. I have found it at WalMart and Bartells (Seattle area). I wish they used the same containers as Refresh, as you can reclose those (yes, I know you should discard right away but I figure it is relatively safe for a couple of hours).

Comment

if i remember right i think i got mine at walgreens.
                        -Amy

Comment

AMO has discontinued Lens Plus Rewetting drops

due to low demand.

Comment

Working...
                          X