what are Sochlor drops (Australia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are Sochlor drops (Australia)

I noticed that there are some new drops available in the dry eye shop called Sochlor. I have never heard of them. I was considering ordering some to hopefully help with my severe dry eye/chronic conjunctivitis/blepharitis and keratitis (no specific diagnosis).

I'm in Australia and have tried virtually every over the counter drop here. I'm just wondering if before I go to the trouble of ordering these drops from the dry eye shop, someone could tell me if these drops are sold over the counter in Australia and under what brands.

(I'd ask my eye doc except for the fact that the last one basically dumped me as a patient and I am now waiting 3 months to see the next one who will probably be equally bad)

Not for dry eye

SoChlor is a generic for Muro 128 hypertonic ointment or drops, which have been around a long time though I think they are only sold in the US. They are sometimes recommended by doctors for people with corneal edema including from ABMD, because they're designed to draw out excess fluid from a damaged epithelium.

They are NOT drops for dry eye... I try to be very very clear about that in the description in the shop. I absolutely do not recommend trying hypertonic drops/ointment unless you get a diagnosis that matches. They're not particularly comfortable or soothing to use in fact some people complain of a lot of burning when they try them.

The reason I have them in the shop is that I have customers with RCE/ABMD who have requested that I stock the generic since Muro is getting terribly expensive here.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X