Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product recall: Soothe XP (in addition to earlier Soothe Xtra Hydration recall)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product recall: Soothe XP (in addition to earlier Soothe Xtra Hydration recall)

Wow, I keep missing these! I just found out about this one by accident.

So now both Soothe Xtra Hydration and Soothe XP - ALL LOTS - are subject to recall, though for different reasons.

Voluntary Recall of Soothe® Xtra Protection (XP) Eye Drops

Bausch + Lomb chose to initiate this recall based on testing which showed specific lots of the Soothe Xtra Protection (XP) product were out of specification for preservative efficacy prior to their listed date of shelf-life expiration. There have been no adverse events reported for this product which have been attributed to preservative efficacy.

Bausch + Lomb has chosen to voluntarily recall ALL LOTS of Soothe Xtra Protection (XP) eye drops in the interest of patient safety. Product which is out of specification near the end of shelf-life may present insufficient protection against inadvertent microbial contamination during storage and usage of the product.
    Soothe Xtra Protection (XP) Hotline: 1-866-761-9526

Bausch + Lomb customer service center: 1-800-553-5340

Bausch + Lomb’s customer service line is open to consumers 9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Dry Eye Talk forums are incredible - thanks so much Rebecca. I have an unopened bottle of this in my drawer I was going to try at some point and would NEVER have known about this. Thank you!

Comment

And my thanks in turn to the one who let ME know about it! I wish these darned things would show up in the google news alerts. I suppose I'll have to remember to just randomly search for recalls now and then.

Someone posted on my blogspot blog about how much soothe XP was helping them and how frustrated they were not to be able to get it, and asking why it was recalled. I assumed they were mistaken and had been told the Xtra Hydration one was recalled but while googling the recall notice for that one, I stumbled across the new one.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X