Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My tentative findings for the best ocular lubricant (eyedrops)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theratears...

Having very serious allergies to many drops (which I found out the hard way...)

#1 TheraTears single dose vial
    #2 TheraTears multidose bottle
    #3 Refresh Celluvisc
    #4 ?? Trying to find a good nighttime ointment that is preservative free. The gels don't last long enough for me for some reason. I tried Refresh PM once and may try it again.

Just so you know the single use container TheraTears are indeed preservative free.

The multiuse bottle is "minimally preservative free", so it has a "gentle" preservative. It DOES irritate my eyes in certain circumstances, but the convenience of a multi-dose bottle is huge.

Comment

Interesting; I, too, am allergic to many drops, and Theratears tops the list of drops that irritate my eyes. It just goes to show that what works for one person may not work for another person. Everyone experiences different results with eyedrops.

Originally posted by NeedMyEyes View Post
      Having very serious allergies to many drops (which I found out the hard way...)

#1 TheraTears single dose vial
      #2 TheraTears multidose bottle
      #3 Refresh Celluvisc
      #4 ?? Trying to find a good nighttime ointment that is preservative free. The gels don't last long enough for me for some reason. I tried Refresh PM once and may try it again.

Just so you know the single use container TheraTears are indeed preservative free.

The multiuse bottle is "minimally preservative free", so it has a "gentle" preservative. It DOES irritate my eyes in certain circumstances, but the convenience of a multi-dose bottle is huge.

Comment

1. TheraTears PF Vials during the day and Genteal gel (severe dry eye formula) or Muro ointment at night
        2. Systane Balance

I have tried most all of the others including Rx Freshkote. All made my eyes feel drier, itchy, etc. I'm quite sensitive to most preservatives.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
        X