Visine Intensive, amazing results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visine Intensive, amazing results

I have tried something that in Sweden is called Visine Intensiv from Pfizer, not to be mistaken for the original Visine-products that relieves eye redness.

Visine Intensive contains a substance derived from the seeds from the Tamarind tree that grows in Africa. Anyway, I am not sure that this Visine product exists in North America, but I wanted to mention that I have given this product a chance and the results is by far the best I have ever seen in my dry life life.

I have tried Systane, Celluvisc, Theratears, and many other products, but this is something else. Seems to be very mild och lubricates the hell out of my eyes. I only use it twice a day. It's rather expensive though but worth a try if you can get your hands on it.

First, thank you for letting us all know about that one. Always good to think that there's something else to try when we think we've run out of options.

Second, big congratulations on finding something that's working for you. Hope it always does!

Neil

Comment

There's a little information available at this link. It's not available in the US but appears to be in at least a lot of Europe.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Re-sealable vials! That gets my vote!!

Now why hasnt anyone else thought of that! One of my biggest annoyances with pres-free drops is that you can only use them once - it is SO wasteful and can work out expensive when you are using them 8/10 times a day sometimes. You get 24 vials in a box (theratears) one box would last in theory, ooh about 3 days! Its ridiculous!

If Im at home I can make the vials last longer by just putting them in the fridge or just making sure I dont touch the top of the dropper (only keep them one day though once opened). However when Im at the hospital, I just have to grab a handful in the morning and use them all because there's nowhere to keep opened ones where they wont likely be contaminated. Most of the liquid goes down the drain - along with my money. If you could re-seal them throughout the day (then throw away) they would last way longer.

Rant over.

Comment

http://www.edinburgh-eyetests.co.uk/clarymist.htm

I bought this eye lid spray, and so far it feels soothing on my eyes, so far so good. something to try, but is expensive.

thanks for info about visine.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Visine Intensive

Hi Paulie,

Is there an online store that you know about that I could purchase the visine intenisive? I cant find it on google. Thanks.

Comment

I haven't found any online store that sell Visine Intensive. Actually I think Sweden is one of the few countries today where Visnine Intensive has been introduced. I believe the product is available in Germany and Spain also.

The thing is that Pfizer has really been promoting this product in Sweden by tv commercials etc. which make at least me think that they believe in this product.

It may just work for me, I dont know. But I would like to quantify how well this has worked for me on a scale from 1-10...

Celluvisc - 4
              Systane - 2
              Aquify and other hyalon acid drops - 3
              Theratears drops - 4
              Visine Intensive - 9

I have tried it for a month now and it has worked pretty well even during my bad eye days.

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123
                http://www.edinburgh-eyetests.co.uk/clarymist.htm

I bought this eye lid spray, and so far it feels soothing on my eyes, so far so good. something to try, but is expensive.

thanks for info about visine.
                Ive tried that spray too - I think its a bit of a 'fad' thing. Sounds good in theory but cant see how it will really help dry eye. It is soothing though and it does really seem to soften and moisten the skin around your eyes making it feel much more supple. It could reallyhelp people with dry eyelid skin and blepharitis. It is rather expensive though for a 10ml spray.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieD
                  Ive tried that spray too - I think its a bit of a 'fad' thing. Sounds good in theory but cant see how it will really help dry eye. It is soothing though and it does really seem to soften and moisten the skin around your eyes making it feel much more supple. It could reallyhelp people with dry eyelid skin and blepharitis. It is rather expensive though for a 10ml spray.
                  I don't know *anything* about this particular product, but ... there *is* evidence that the right product--applied to the eyelid--DOES help with dry eye. A few citations....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

New treatment of dry eye: the effect of calcium ointment through eyelid skin delivery.

Tsubota K, Monden Y, Yagi Y, Goto E, Shimmura S.

Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan.

AIM: To demonstrate the efficacy of a petrolatum based calcium ointment applied to the lower lid skin in the management of dry eye. METHODS: In a controlled double masked study, the effects of water free petrolatum ointment containing calcium carbonate (10% w/w) on tear functional factors and ocular surface vital staining in dry eye patients were observed. Petrolatum without calcium carbonate served as control. Patients were instructed to place ointment to the lower lid skin twice a day. Evaluation of subjective complaints, fluorescein and rose bengal staining patterns, blink rate, tear evaporation and tear break up time (BUT) were performed before and 3 months after treatment. In order to demonstrate the movement of petrolatum from the skin to the tear film, petrolatum containing 1% sodium fluorescein was placed on the lower lid of four healthy volunteers, and the concentration of fluorescein in the tear film was followed up to 6 hours using an anterior fluorometer. RESULTS: Subjective symptoms significantly improved in both the calcium group (p=0.001) and control (p=0.012), while only the calcium group demonstrated a significant improvement in fluorescein (p=0.043), rose bengal (p=0.021) scores, and blink rate (p=0.004). Tear evaporation also significantly decreased in both the calcium group (p=0.0004) and control (0.043). BUT did not improve in either group. CONCLUSION: Petrolatum based calcium ointment significantly improved symptoms, tear dynamics, and ocular surface staining in dry eye patients. However, some of the therapeutic effects may be due to lipids in the petrolatum vehicle. Petrolatum applied to the lower lid skin is an effective drug delivery system for slowly releasing drugs to the ocular surface.
                  ====
                  Full study at: http://bjo.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/83/7/767

Comment

Hmm, maybe there is more to it then.
                    Thanks for that Neil. Where do you find it all!?

Comment

Paulie,

I congratulate you on finding something that works for you. I appreciate seeing your rankings of the assorted products you've tried. It's very interesting to see those low scores with the 9 you are giving Visine Intensive.

Some day maybe I'll get my hands on this. In the meantime, just knowing you have found something is suffcient. One day we'll all have something that will work as well, whether it VI or something else.

Diana
                      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

could someone please tell me the name of the eyelid spray and put up a new link to it? the link isn't opening for me and since i don't know what it's called i can't do a search for it. i've very interested in trying this though, depending on how expensive it is. thanks!
                        -Amy

Comment

Hi Amy

Its called Clarymist:

www.clarymist.co.uk

I would never say dont try it - I try anything once (well, almost).

It is rather expensive though - you get around 100 sprays out of it so if you're using a couple of sprays per eye, two or three times a day you can imagine its not going to last very long.

It is nice if you have sensitive skin around your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
                            There's a little information available at this link. It's not available in the US but appears to be in at least a lot of Europe.
                            I contacted the address given on that site - and they have no knowledge of the product - its not listed! Strange.

Comment

I think that Visine Intensive is only available in a few countries (Sweden, Switzerland, others?). I don't believe it's in the UK - at least I never ran across it on product listings there before - and it's certainly not in the US.
                              Rebecca Petris
                              The Dry Eye Foundation
                              dryeyefoundation.org
                              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                              X