Dakrina Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakrina Question

For you Dakrina users: I've been using it for about a day now, and the drops still sting every time I put them in. Just for like a minute or so. Otherwise, my eyes feel good. Did this happen when you first started using Dakrina? Does the stinging go away or lessen over time?

Thanks,

FLick

Hi Flick,

Looks like Rebecca just posted some info. that might answer your question. Just incase you missed it, here is the link!

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1406

Good luck with the drops!

-Shells

Comment

Perfect!

Thanks, Shells. You're right, I missed that.

Comment

A rough epithelium + a lot of polymer = stinging. Sorry about that.

If it's really bothersome, two suggestions...

- try Dwelle and see if it feels any different

- In the mornings I'll do a quick saline rinse to soothe things a bit and put in Dakrina or Dwelle about 20 minutes later.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

dwelle

Hi,

after thousands of dollars spent on my eyes with pretty much no results. (plugs, restasis, allergy testing, many different drops, both rx and over the counter), I got my sample bottle of Dwelle in the mail a couple of days ago. I notice a dramatic improvement already. I just ordered a regular size bottle and a bottle of Dakrina and hope it gets here before we go on vacation. Also am seriously thinking of the panoptx sunglasses.

Comment

I'm with Sarah. I've been using Dakrina for a few days now and my eyes actually feel kinda normal. It still stings when I first put it in but I'm willing to live with that. It definitely has longer lasting effects than the other drops I was using.

Rebecca - are you sure you didn't sneak an anesthetic and some Visine into Dakrina?

Comment

Great news, both of you. Will be very interested to hear how you fare after a longer trial.

Sarah, I think Panoptx (or some kind of wraparound) are a great investment. Hopefully a Harley Davidson or some other dealership near you will stock them so you can try out different models.

Originally posted by Flick
              Rebecca - are you sure you didn't sneak an anesthetic and some Visine into Dakrina?
              LOL.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

panoptx

I went to a Kawasaki dealership yesterday I tried some Panoptx glasses on. Tomorrow I go to the eye dr for a new prescription. (I need to get them in a prescription form). Looks pretty easy to do that. I have a form to fax in once I get the Dr signature on it. It didn't sound like the eye dr carried anything like the panoptx. I'm anxious to get them.

Comment

REceived Dwelle and Dakrina today

I anxiously used the Dwelle and the first appliction was pretty good. Then when I had to do the second application, not good. It didn't just sting, it burned and one eye actually had pain. I have Sjogrens and therefore have a lot of inflammation. I had to get a warm washcloth to settle down the pain. Is this something others have had?
                  B

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Is there any more information you can give... for example anything different about the second application? different time of day? were your eyes worse or better than usual at the time? any other products (including cosmetics) it could have interacted with at all?

I get mild,brief stinging from Dwelle under certain circumstances. If my corneas are very very rough, like first thing in the morning if I didn't take care of them properly the night before, I'll definitely get some not very fun smarting for a little bit if I apply Dwelle or for that matter anything with such a high concentration. However I've found that when my eyes are at their worst, a saline rinse calms things down enough to be able to use drops afterwards.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Answers to question about Dwelle

I used the second application under the same conditions, don't wear ANY makeup, time wise, it was about an hour after the first application. I actually decided to use it a third time about another hour later and had to run for the warm wet wash cloth. It was agony. The first application was o.k., second stung, third burned terribly and hurt. No applications after that and not going to be any more.

My corneas are never "very rough" from lack of care. I have a dry eye condition that has me putting drops in 20 or more times a day. I sleep in tranquil eyes goggles, use Genteal Gel and Restasis. I just have a severe problem.
                      Thanks for trying to help.
                      B

Comment

Originally posted by Silverlady
                        My corneas are never "very rough" from lack of care. I have a dry eye condition that has me putting drops in 20 or more times a day. I sleep in tranquil eyes goggles, use Genteal Gel and Restasis. I just have a severe problem.
                        I certainly did not mean to suggest you might not be caring properly for your eyes, I was simply relating my own experience.

Certainly, with any OTC eye lubricant, if it causes any persistent irritation or pain, you should discontinue use. There is always the possibility of a sensitivity to a component in it. I am sorry you had a bad experience.
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

apology

Sorry Rebecca, no offense was meant. I just meant that my eyes are so bad that I do everything possible to care for my eyes. I suspect it is just not a good mix for me. Doesn't mean someone else won't benefit from it.
                          Thanks for answering me.
                          B

Comment

None taken. I know everyone's doing their best and severe dry eye is the pits

The day someone comes up with a formula that works for everyone, we'll all be celebrating
                            Rebecca Petris
                            The Dry Eye Foundation
                            dryeyefoundation.org
                            800-484-0244

Comment

Hi all. I have ordered both Dakrina and Dwelle about a week ago. I started using it immediately.It does sting upon application, but just for a few seconds. What I was doing before was to put ointment in my eyes before bed and whenever I woke up during the night with still some grittiness. I would wake up with red eyes most of the time even with the eye ointment. The only thing that helped me was Tobradex. However, since it is a steroid, I did not like to use it too often. My eyes would be pretty good for about maybe four days with the Tobradex. However, since I have the Dakrina and Dwelle I have been getting up with my eyes clear and white. I first put a drop in and a couple of minutes later, I put the ointment in. It seems to do the trick for me.All other drops I tried did not do anything for me. So, hopefully this will continue on a positive mode for me. I do not have to use it in the daytime. It seems my problem is more during the night since I have lagothalmus. {Sleep with eyes partly open. So, yes I like the product. Thanks Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X