X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help

Duplicate Post. Sorry

Marsha,
    My thoughts are that your tears may be evaporating too quickly. This could explain why the Soothe XP and gel products seem to work. The Soothe XP is made up mostly of oils to slow evaporation and the gel products are thicker and have longer residence times on the ocular surface. Because the tears are evaporating rapidly the osmolarity(amount of salt) in your tears rises and creates an environment creating inflammation. By inserting plugs the goal would be to keep more tear in place and reduce the osmolarity to a level that no longer invites inflammation.

Comment

Originally posted by indrep View Post
      Marsha,
      My thoughts are that your tears may be evaporating too quickly. This could explain why the Soothe XP and gel products seem to work. The Soothe XP is made up mostly of oils to slow evaporation and the gel products are thicker and have longer residence times on the ocular surface. Because the tears are evaporating rapidly the osmolarity(amount of salt) in your tears rises and creates an environment creating inflammation. By inserting plugs the goal would be to keep more tear in place and reduce the osmolarity to a level that no longer invites inflammation.
      Indrep:
      I have noticed that since I first started using the Soothe Drops they are less effective. They are and were lasting 8 hours; now the burning is happening in one hour after the drops. I will follow your advise and try the plugs. First I have to get my insurance to approve of the procedure. I was told it is a bit expensive. I see that you are a moderator. Are you also an opthalmologist?
      Thanks,
      Marsha

Comment

Working...
      X