Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can-C N-acetylcarnosine eye-drops?

Does anyone have any experience or information on
    Can-C N-acetylcarnosine eye-drops? These drops were first developed and used for senile cataracts, but recent studies have found broader uses, including dry eye syndrome.

Since I also have glaucoma which is another condition it can benefit, I would like to learn what I can. So far, all glaucoma meds (for me) have not worked and only aggravated the dry eye.

Here is one link for more information & where I just read, but it is by no means the only source of information.
    http://www.antiaging-systems.com/a2z/can-c.htm

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Froniga

Hi there,

Try a forums search on "NAC drops" or scan the titles in the Goop forum down in the topical archives? It's been a little while but I think that there have been several threads about this in the past.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I suspect the NAC drops mentioned in the forums here are different that the drops I came across in my reading. The spelling, for one thing, implies a different product. But more than that, the product I read about is a formultion from a Russian doctor and is available overseas but not yet in the USA which led me to suspect that another drug was being discussed from the context here. [I can't easily jump to my post, still being an amateur on discussion boards, the last time I did that, I lost the current message being written, so I'll just refer anyone to the opening post and the link.]

The product is named "Can C". As I also have glaucoma and the treatment of this problem has been compounded by dry eyes, in fact has pushed the dry eye condition into a crisis state, I may have different needs than many others here. But thought to ask again if anyone has either tried the drops or obtained relief. Here is a paste of part of the drugs properties. The complete longer article is at
      http://www.antiaging-systems.com/a2z/can-c.htm

[HTML]
      Additional benefits:
      Other than senile cataract, N-acetylcarnosine may have other benefits. Although the information is not yet published, the unique N-acetylcarnosine formula with its added and synergistic lubricants, could also provide beneficial results with the following eye-disorders:

* Presbyopia.
      * Open-angle primary glaucoma (in combination with beta-blockers).
      * Corneal disorders.
      * Computer vision syndrome.
      * Eye strain.
      * Ocular inflammation.
      * Blurred vision.
      * Dry eye syndrome.
      * Retinal diseases.
      * Vitreous opacities and lesions.
      * Complications of diabetes mellitus and other systemic diseases.
      * Contact lens difficulties, particularly with soft contact lenses. (Not only do the lubricants in the Can-C N-acetylcarnosine eye-drop help to make wearing contact lenses more comfortable, but n-acetylcarnosine is also believed to reduce the build up of lactic acid in the eye, thus enabling the lens to be left safely in the eye for longer).[/HTML]

Comment

Originally posted by froniga
        Thanks for the tip. I suspect the NAC drops mentioned in the forums here are different that the drops I came across in my reading. The spelling, for one thing, implies a different product.
        Quite right. Sorry about that. There was one thread here about n-acetylcarnosine (specifically, a brand called Nu-Eyes which is available in the US - though according to the distributor's site they aren't currently available) and I got them mixed up with NAC.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X