Dwelle and Dakrina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwelle and Dakrina

I just want to say that anyone who hasn't tried the Dwelle and Dakrina owes it to themselves to try. Like I posted before, I tried everything possible. The Restasis still isn't helping after more than a year. A plug in one eye to see if it helped. Didn't. Allergy testing. Steroid drops made my pressure go way up. Sorry, Faith-Hope, but the Lacriserts aren't for me either. My vision goes blurry. Many other drops. Patanol, Nevanac, Acular, etc. Lid scrubs, warm compresses, etc. None worked for me. Now with a week of the Dwelle and Dakrina, my eyes are almost feeling normal. I am going to take the info to my eye doc and see if he wants to recomment it to others. THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! I'm so glad I found out about them! I pray it keeps working like it is! (My Panoptx are also on the way). Heading for 2 weeks vacation. Signing off.

What exactly is Dwelle and Dakrina? I haven't heard about it here in the UK. Drops of some kind?

Comment

Great drops that I heard about on the web site here. (& ordered off the web-site)

Comment

I have found that they are far better than anything I've tried and even less expensive. The night drops are wonderful. No more goopy ointments for me!

Comment

It's too bad these drops are not getting more attention. I'm glad you folks tried (and liked) the drops.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Will they ever be available in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by np1981
              Will they ever be available in the UK?
              Yes, deo volente. We have MHRA approval for Dwelle & Dakrina. It's really just a cost thing at the moment because we'll have to get different labelling/packaging to comply with MHRA standards. Sorry this is taking so long
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Are these drops preservative free?

Also for someone with MGD which would you recommend?

What's the difference between the 3 drops offered on the site?

Sorry so many questions but I like to be as informed as possible before I start putting more stuff in my eyes..

Comment

Originally posted by JJ75
                  Are these drops preservative free?
                  No. They have a non-irritating preservative and are suitable for frequent use.

Also for someone with MGD which would you recommend?
                  We don't have a recommendation specifically on that basis. If symptoms are severe I would suggest starting with Dwelle/Dakrina, if milder then NutraTear.

What's the difference between the 3 drops offered on the site?
                  Dwelle & Dakrina are companion products with the same basic 3-polymer formulation save for the Vitamin A in Dakrina. They are best suited for people with fairly severe symptoms. NutraTear is a lighter weight drop (2-polymer, lower concentrations) with Vitamin B12. It was originally formulated for computer vision syndrome but has become popular for a pretty wide spectrum of symptoms. It is pink from the vitamin B12, non-staining.

Sorry so many questions but I like to be as informed as possible before I start putting more stuff in my eyes..
                  I sure agree!

Here are some links for detailed information on the drops:

Dakrina details
                  Customer Q&A on Dakrina

Dwelle details
                  Customer Q&A on Dwelle

NutraTear details
                  Customer Q&A on NutraTear

Tips for using Dwelle & Dakrina

Notes about preservatives
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca-

First of all thanks for the info.

I have one more question.

I currently use threratears and am "fairly" happy with them. I've teried systane and refresh plus in the past and have found them both to clog my meibomian glands. Needless to say i typically am more comfortable with a thinner drop. Which of these would you say is closer to the consistancy of thera tears?

Comment

Of our three, NutraTear is the most similar in consistency to Theratears. It's my favorite for daytime use for that reason.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Can Dwelle be used at night with punctum plugs?

Comment

Certainly, any of the three can. I always warn people though that Dwelle has a high polymer content and will crystallize on the lashes if too much gets on, so you may have to blot after application and/or remove it with a damp cloth in the morning.
                          Rebecca Petris
                          The Dry Eye Foundation
                          dryeyefoundation.org
                          800-484-0244

Comment

Even if all 4 punctum are closed? I'm just wondering if any residue will build up over time?

Comment

I'm afraid I don't really know enough to respond to that in any detail; never really heard of that as a problem. (Aren't there plenty of quadraplugged patients out there who also use artificial tears? I certainly know users of these and other ATS who are.)
                              Rebecca Petris
                              The Dry Eye Foundation
                              dryeyefoundation.org
                              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                              X