Dr. Holly's drops question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Holly's drops question

I have spoken with Dr. Holly and he has recommended dwelle three times a day and nutratears for the rest of the time. I have asked my Doctor about them and they haven't heard of them. But they did say make sure there is nothing that "gets the red out." Do these drops have anything like that or are they ideal for someone like me who has moderate dry eyes and is about a month removed from LASIK?

One other thing. My Doctor has actually shown interest in these drops. he wants me to email him everything I can about them. If someone could link me up with some detailed information about these drops that would be great because I can then foward it to him and maybe we can help out more people.

Comment

Originally posted by inescape
      I have spoken with Dr. Holly and he has recommended dwelle three times a day and nutratears for the rest of the time. I have asked my Doctor about them and they haven't heard of them. But they did say make sure there is nothing that "gets the red out." Do these drops have anything like that or are they ideal for someone like me who has moderate dry eyes and is about a month removed from LASIK?
      Dwelle et al should be really helpful for you. None of the drops is a vaso-constricter ("gets the red out").
      Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

One other thing. My Doctor has actually shown interest in these drops. he wants me to email him everything I can about them. If someone could link me up with some detailed information about these drops that would be great because I can then foward it to him and maybe we can help out more people.
        http://www.dryeyezone.com/docproducts/index.html Your doctor can contact us to order samples which we will send as soon as they are`available.

You can search the www.dryeyezone.com site for more information about the drops. Also http://www.aqueouspharma.com/
        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Thanks I will definately foward it on. I must admit I am scared to use these. I have a bottle of dwella and a bottle of nutratear sitting right here. But I am afraid to put them in my eyes.

Anyone tried them while on restasis? I wonder if it is ok to use all three drops at once.

It's just weird, I sent an email and in two days here are these bottles that just have a white label on them, not all fancy like the ones on this website. I have never used something so underground before, please ease my mind so I may actually sleep all night tonight.

Comment

I am sorry I have not finished posting the information in the eyecare professionals part of the website but I will do so as soon as I can. It will include all the Drug Facts information as well as some clinical trial data.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Ease your mind

You can ease your mind. These drops are like gold. They are plain packaged, for sure. I don't think we even thought of them as "underground drops" before. lol.

I, like several on this board have used the drops since February 2002. I am currently using Restasis also. I've used Restasis prior also while using Dwelle, Dakrina, Nutratear.

I am currently using Restasis, Acular LS, Muro 128 ointment, Dakrina and Nutratear. I'm not suggesting you do this, but as an example of the mixtures some of us use. This can change from time to time, too.

Go ahead and take the big step.
              Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks I will definately foward it on. I must admit I am scared to use these. I have a bottle of dwella and a bottle of nutratear sitting right here. But I am afraid to put them in my eyes.

Anyone tried them while on restasis? I wonder if it is ok to use all three drops at once.

It's just weird, I sent an email and in two days here are these bottles that just have a white label on them, not all fancy like the ones on this website. I have never used something so underground before, please ease my mind so I may actually sleep all night tonight.
                Inescape,

To be sure, definitely talk to your doctor about it. I think that many people who are using Restasis are also using over-the-counter artificial tear products (which is the category these products are in).

When these ones are distributed under our own label (from April) they will appear as they do on the website. The reason they look the way they do now is that they are prepared at a compounding pharmacy, rather than at an ophthalmic manufacturer which is where most eyedrops are bottled. The arrangement with the pharmacy was put in place, I believe, by Aqueous Pharma as a temporary measure for purposes of clinical trials and related uses but because of the demand by patients for the drops, it's been perpetuated much longer than intended.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

muro128

Hey, Lucy, what's this muro 18 ointment you mentioned? Don't think I have come across that before. How are you using it?

Comment

Muro 128 is a non greasy ointment used for corneal edema. See here and here.

Dry eye patients use it sometimes for protection. I used it during pregnancy when I got desperate - used to put a dab in each eye before bed and plastic wrap over my eyes.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Wow thanks for the quick responses!

Just one more question, did yours come with a seal over the cap? Mine have no seal and i assume that is how everyones are but I am just making sure. I am a worry wart to the tenth degree, please forgive me.

Comment

Working...
                      X