Dwelle all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwelle all the time?

Well I took the risk and have tried the drops.

Dwelle seems to work great, it is like instant relief. But NutraTear doesn't seem to be strong enough. I am hoping in time I will be able to go down to just nutra, but for now it doesn't work.

So my question is should I get Dakrina or can I just use Dwelle all the time? Is there much of a difference between the two?

Let's try

Someone will give you a scientific explanation, I'm sure. In the meantime though, I'd say use Dwelle especially in the evening, before bed, upon waking in the morning. You can use the Nutratear during the day if Dwelle seems a bit heavy.

Dwelle is viscous and tends to dry on the lashes. You have to take care to keep your lashes clean. After instilling drops, take a wet tissue and wipe your lash area. Of course, this would include lid scrubs if you need to do them. But, I'm glad to hear you like Dwelle. I luv' all 3 of em. You certainly can get Dakrina, but in the meantime using the two you have will tide you over til then.

Dakrina would be a good in-between drop. I used Dwelle exclusively in the beginning and now do occasionally. Dakrina and Nutratear are my best now.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks Lucy,

I think my condition is a little worse than i thought. I contacted Dr Holly about dakrina to see what he thinks. I need the strong stuff right now, my eyes are struggling. The Dwelle is nice though, it was like instant gratification! Is Dakrina basically the same potency without leaving that weird residue on your lashes? If so I gotta get me some!

At least nutratear stays good for alot longer. I am planning to try it again on a weekly basis, but right now for me to use it i have to drop every half hour or I get the dirty contact/ itchy/ burning feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by inescape
        Well I took the risk and have tried the drops.

Dwelle seems to work great, it is like instant relief. But NutraTear doesn't seem to be strong enough. I am hoping in time I will be able to go down to just nutra, but for now it doesn't work.

So my question is should I get Dakrina or can I just use Dwelle all the time? Is there much of a difference between the two?
        Technically, the only difference between Dwelle and Dakrina is that Dakrina contains Vitamin A as an antioxidant. However, in practice, many people consider that Dwelle feels more viscous. As regards eyelash residue, there are mixed reports about this. I think (though I don't know for a fact) we may find that is eliminated as the more sophisticated manufacturing practice is adopted. - Which of the two works better is down to individual preference. I have certainly found that my own needs vary over time. I think that Dwelle and Dakrina are great in tandem, but many people prefer just one or the other.

Dwelle and Dakrina were formulated for moderate to severe dry eye, while NutraTear was developed for more mild conditions. Many of us in the "moderate to severe" category use NutraTear during the day but often that's after going through a period of use with the others to get more severe conditions under control.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Does the vitamin A do something different or just help control the eyelash residue?

I tell you guys what, last night I slept all night and when I awoke I used the drops but my eyes were not nearly as uncormfortable as the night before. It literally improved my vision by using it one time! Also I had bright red corners of my eyes, when I would turn my head in the mirrior you could see the redness, that is gone! This stuff blows refresh out of the water!

Once the word gets out about these things I think your all going to become very rich. A trade off to dry eye yes, but not a bad one!

Comment

Does the vitamin A do something different or just help control the eyelash residue?
            Has nothing to do with the residue that I'm aware of. Actually there is a lot of medical literature discussing the use of Vitamin A in epithelial healing, however, in these drops specifically, Vitamin A is an inactive (antioxidant).

I tell you guys what, last night I slept all night and when I awoke I used the drops but my eyes were not nearly as uncormfortable as the night before. It literally improved my vision by using it one time! Also I had bright red corners of my eyes, when I would turn my head in the mirrior you could see the redness, that is gone! This stuff blows refresh out of the water!
            Wow, that's wonderful to hear. Long may it continue.

Once the word gets out about these things I think your all going to become very rich. A trade off to dry eye yes, but not a bad one!
            Happy thought, but I don't think we'll be competing with Allergan during my lifetime . Seriously, if we can raise enough money to fund more efforts to improve the range & availability of options for dry eye patients, that would make me very happy indeed.... I think I'd start with the autologous serum study we (the other "we" - over at LaserMyEye) were trying to get going but which faltered due to cumbersome (read, costly) IRB requirements.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

dwelle, dakrina...

Could everyone tell me how they are getting these eye drops? I tried getting them through apothecure.com. They will not allow me to purchase without a prescription. I am desperate as most of the drops I have tried have not been sufficient.

Comment

Goto www.dry-eye-institue.org and choose the "contact us" button. You will get all the instructions you need and can have them by this weekend.

But be prepared to have at least $20 per bottle. It is pricey and poor Dr Holly isn't even breaking even, so if you can donate more, i would.

If you are budgeted wait for this site to have them free.

hope that helps.

Comment

Goto www.dry-eye-institue.org and choose the "contact us" button. You will get all the instructions you need and can have them by this weekend.

But be prepared to have at least $20 per bottle. It is pricey and poor Dr Holly isn't even breaking even, so if you can donate more, i would.

If you are budgeted wait for this site to have them free.

hope that helps.
                  Not exactly free . As soon as they are available we plan to offer a free, except for shipping & handling, sample-sized pack of the drops. Regular (15ml) sized bottles will be $10/bottle plus shipping & handling.
                  Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Thats what I meant.

Comment

to clarify...

Cindy says:

Not exactly free . As soon as they are available we plan to offer a free, except for shipping & handling, sample-sized pack of the drops.
                      Cin, while I'm reading this, I want to clarify something. I don't want to be nit-picky, but someone will ask this question if I don't. I was under the impression samples would be available to physicians for free. In the above posts, it implies that samples will be sent free to anyone asking for them.

Are free samples for physicians only? (Personally, I won't ask for freebies!)

Thanks very much.
                      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                        Cindy says:

Cin, while I'm reading this, I want to clarify something. I don't want to be nit-picky, but someone will ask this question if I don't. I was under the impression samples would be available to physicians for free. In the above posts, it implies that samples will be sent free to anyone asking for them.

Are free samples for physicians only? (Personally, I won't ask for freebies!)

Thanks very much.
                        Yup, fair questions:

1) Sample sets will be available for optometrists and ophthalmologists free of charge as is conventional.

2) Individual samples (one per patient) will be available via this website to patients for the cost of shipping and handling. That may be short-term only however and will depend on how well supplies last.
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

I'll do my part.

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
                          Yup, fair questions:

1) Sample sets will be available for optometrists and ophthalmologists free of charge as is conventional.

2) Individual samples (one per patient) will be available via this website to patients for the cost of shipping and handling. That may be short-term only however and will depend on how well supplies last.
                          I am seeing both my regular Opthamologist and my Lasik do'er, and I intend to
                          put Dr. Holly info right before them. Hope I get to try those samples soon.

Comment

God luck with that. I actually like my LASIK doctor but you know what his staff said was the main reason people had chronic dryeye after LASIK?

They negleted to use the drops as directed.

This comes from the top rated doc in Chicago, not out of his mouth sure, but from his staff.

Just saying you're in for a battle, be prepared for a fight.

Comment

God luck with that. I actually like my LASIK doctor but you know what his staff said was the main reason people had chronic dryeye after LASIK?

They negleted to use the drops as directed.

This comes from the top rated doc in Chicago, not out of his mouth sure, but from his staff.
                              That's astonishing. Guess the staff haven't read any of the medical literature about denervation.

If I were you, I would do that doctor a big favour and let him know what his staff are telling patients, because I seriously doubt it's with his knowledge or at his direction.
                              Rebecca Petris
                              The Dry Eye Foundation
                              dryeyefoundation.org
                              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                              X