Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these homeopathic products worth a try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these homeopathic products worth a try?

I was browsing online for something and came across this site. I've got severe dry eyes, mgd, and poor osmolarity. Any thoughts on this product?

http://www.nativeremedies.com/ailmen...shot-eyes.html

thanks so much.

If you are considering alternative treatments, visit a recognized practitioner. Having said this, homeopathy did not help me at all.

I looked at this company's site and it looks very suspicious. They have cures for everything.

Comment

I'd be shocked if homeopathy helped anyone (other than via a placebo effect)... the theory behind homeopathy goes something like this:

You take a substance that CAUSES the symptoms you're trying to treat. Then dilute that substance in water until it is sooo diluted that you can't even detect its presence anymore. Then you shake the solution so the water has a "memory" of the substance. Now use this concoction to treat the symptoms you're trying to get rid of. Sounds pretty implausible to me...

I know what it's like to be at the point you'd almost try ANYTHING, but I wouldn't spend a cent on a homeopathic treatment... (I'd spend it on a chocolate bar or ice cream instead - THAT would at least put a smile on my face )

Comment

Hi there!

Okay, I'm going to stir the pot I have not had much luck with the homeopathic eye drops that I have tried. I tried them once fairly early on and they stung. I have not tried them since.

I have however, had much success with other homepothic procducts. Hyland's 'teething tablets' were a god send when our kids were teething. And Traumeel arnica ointment has been great for various muscle twists and strains! Is it the placebo effect?? Sometimes I think we need to ask, 'does it matter?' I don't know how homeopathy works exactly, but I believe it works along energy channels similar to acupuncture. I have tried some remedies that have not worked as well. The bottom line is that I don't think it will hurt you . . . but yes if it doesn't work, you might be wishing you had ice cream instead

Comment

I'm trying the Similasin Allergy Eye Relief drops, which are homeopathic, the last few days. I actually think they're helping a bit. Maybe it's just because it's additional moisture, but contains nothing I'm allergic to (unlike most other eye drops). I think I'm going to start trying them just in one eye to see if that eye does better over time.

Comment

I would definitely suggest discussing options with a recognized homeopathic doctor. However, I also have had the experience that when you start eye drops you do not realize that you are having success. But, then, when you go without your drops for one reason or the other, you suddenly realize how much you miss them and the success you really are having with your drops!
            Try not. Do. Do not. There is no try.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryVa61 View Post
              I'm trying the Similasin Allergy Eye Relief drops, which are homeopathic, the last few days. I actually think they're helping a bit.
              I like this product. Haven't used it in a long time, but at a time when I had mild ocular allergy symptoms regularly, it was just enough to take the edge off and without introducing anything that could dry my eyes out further.

I was just talking with someone about the Similasan product line the other day. Re: Similasan's dry eye drop, I was telling them that I'd almost never heard of anyone who liked it or found it helpful but that I liked the allergy one. Had to bite my tongue then because the gal I was speaking with actually likes the dry eye one and uses it regularly.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
              X