Alternative to "methylcellulose" drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to "methylcellulose" drops

Hi, I have seen many posts in this forum . So would like to know whether any drops of type "methyl cellulose" or genteal gel would have a prolonged effect on eyes.
    Since i am observing currently that none of the drops like genteal and "carboxy methyl cellulose" do work for me now.

I have heard of Celluvisc unims but havent tried yet due to fear of having "methyl cellulose". Are there any drops other than this (preservative free) that we can try to sustain drops in eyes and improve our eyes with daily computer use and that might be available in India?

I have used "Optive" but seems to contain "boric acid" and other preservatives ,so stopped using it due to fear of preservatives.

There is a very sad felling everyday when i see my problems increasing and always think of doctor who operated me that he did this only for 'money', but the problem here is what can we do now? we have no choice but to carry on .. but the problem in our life remains and how to carrry on also becoms difficult.

Hi
    Personally I do not like anything with CMC in it, it really did not help my eyes at all when I used it back in 2007. A lot of people DO have a problem with it, I know some dont but it is known to really irritate some eyes.
    Having said that, the UK doctor's routinely prescribe it as they are not that good or interested in looking for alternatives.
    What else do you have access to in India? I think that a thick alternative might be to try Clinitas Soothe, it has no preservatives and has the highest concentration of sodium hyalronate in any eye drop! It is quite thick like celluvisc but does not crust on the lashes and leave "plastic" residue. Or you can try Systane preservative free drops or Systane Ultra which is an even stronger version of it. I have not tried the Ultra but it is worth a go. Perhaps you also can buy "blink"intensive drops which is also preservative free. There are others around like Thearatears or Oasis which I know this site does stock but again I have not tried this. I do hope you can find something that helps, I have Sjogrens so my eyes are giving me a lot of grief and although I have not found anything to really stop the dryness, at least I am not making them any worse with Celluvisc.
    I hope you can find some help.
    Lulu

Comment

Working...
    X