Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between soothe-xp and soothe drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between soothe-xp and soothe drops?

Went to the O.D. again today and he said I failed the tear test miserably, which does not surprise me since I suffer from lagophthalmos...

In any event, he recommended soothe-xp...and I couldn't find it anywhere. Ended up getting a few bottles of regular soothe. Then get home and surf the net and come to find out soothe-xp has been recalled! Uggh!

He said in order for me to ever restore my vision I will need to keep my eyes good and moist for atleast a week...constantly moist. This seems like a impossiblity and I was really hoping the soothe-xp would do the job.

I was using systane restorative balance because that seems to be the only thing that gave me any relief. However, tried the soothe tonight and did provide me some relief. Anybody in here tried both soothe-xp and regular soothe? How big of a difference is there?

Shoot, as I was readinng your post, I was going to suggest systane balance - I really like it despite the build-up I often get with it. Oasis tears help a lot, have you tried them?
    What about something like lacriserts to keep your eyes consistently moist? Do you think your eyes are moist enough for it?

I'm sorry, I've never tried soothe.

Comment

Originally posted by tearless2 View Post
      Shoot, as I was readinng your post, I was going to suggest systane balance - I really like it despite the build-up I often get with it. Oasis tears help a lot, have you tried them?
      What about something like lacriserts to keep your eyes consistently moist? Do you think your eyes are moist enough for it?

I'm sorry, I've never tried soothe.
      I have a cabinet full of drops, but don't think I have tried oasis.

I'm seeing my 3rd O.D on Monday. I'm pleased with this current OD as he is good and thorough. But I'd like as many opinions/suggestions as I can get. Maybe I'll mention the lacriserts to him or her.

This says it doesn't work for many people:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/lacriserts.html

Dry eye really seems like a complicated science that most docs just dont fully understand. And that's a shame...Thank God for this site! So many here know exactly the kind of hell I go through when my friends and family are absolutely clueless and think I'm some kind of wimp/whiner!

Comment

Working...
      X